Clear all

Podcast Notes

82 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
59.1 K Views
(@davidhodge)

Hi Neztok

Just sent them along via email. Let me know if you don't get them.

I think that they are all available at iTunes. Paul handles that sort of thing so I'm not really sure. I'll check into it, though.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@jim_boyd)

Hi all a Great Website...my first real post. I was wondering...hope I did not miss something but was a page put on the website for the podcast notes by Rum Runner? If not I would like a copy... :D . And I have purchased David's book "The Complete Idiots Guide to Guitar" and it is great. I am sure that lots of work went into the publication and a job well done.

Jim

using the backwards style...yahoo.com@jboyd54138.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Hi Jim

I just sent off a copy of the Guitar Noise Podcast notes to your email. Please let me know if you don't get them.

A belated welcome to Guitar Noise! I hope you find this site as wonderful an online community as many others have. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@jim_boyd)

Thanks David,
I have received the notes and looked them over....I am impressed...just the time that Mike spent is a tremendous amount of work!!!
Okay...now I need to get some playing time....
Thanks all...
Jim

ReplyQuote
(@deano)

Hello David and Team,

First of all, thank you for putting together this great series of podcasts on strumming. It has been really helpful to my playing so far. I don't think there's any other source where I have seen such detail on this subject.

Could I get copy of the printed notes? My email in "backwards format' is michelsen.us@dean.

Dean

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Hi Dean

Thank you for your kind words concerning the Guitar Noise Podcasts. I just sent out the Podcast notes to you. Please let me know if you don't get them. My email's not been the most reliable of things of late.

And welcome to Guitar Noise, by the way! Looking forward to seeing you around on the boards.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Folks!

I have been away from the GN community for quite a awhile; can't remember when I made my last post.

When I finally decided to come back this evening to check out the board I was amazed at the amount of interest that my podcast notes had generated. Thanks so much David for passing them on to everyone who had requested copies. I originally created these notes for my own reference. I downloaded and listened to all of the podcasts and there was so much good information that I wanted to have an easy way to go back and find a specific exercise or topic so that I could work with it without doing a lot of searching.

I'm so glad that so many others here in the community have found my notes useful as well. It turns out to have been a good thing.

I've still been playing all this time I've been away from the forum. I've just had a lot of other things going on with business travel and my other outside interests, which includes writing a regular newspaper column (not music related) and several other endeavors. I've got to make a commitment to checking in more often.

Feel free to leave a post for me if you have any questions or comments.

As I write this the Orioles have just lost again. Arrrgh!

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I just checked- my last post prior to this evening was December '09. Where has the time gone!

Regards,

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Welcome back, Mike

It's great to hear from you again and let me offer the first of many, many thanks for creating the Guitar Noise Podcast notes. You've done a lot of good for a lot of guitar players and we are incredibly fortunate that you made the time and took the effort to work these up.

You'll have to let us know what paper and where we can read your work. Doesn't matter if it's guitar related or not, I'm definitely interested.

Truly looking forward to seeing you around on the boards again!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, David.

It was my pleasure to put together the podcast notes. I haven't gone back to my notes or the podcasts in some time, so in the past week I loaded the podcasts onto my iPhone, printed out my notes, and started going through them again. I remember when I first listened to them two years ago I went through them and got to where I was able to play through all of the exercises. However, I really ended up getting enough down solid to only apply a few of the concepts to my playing, and those not very perfectly. Kind of a use it or lose it type thing.

It might be a good discussion for others in the forum to share how they ended up applying what they have learned and what the results were in terms of their everyday playing. For instance, what did one have to do to get the hammer-on concept solid and then how did he/she apply it in one's repertoire and plaung in front of people? I would be interested to hear some of those stories.

As far as my writing, I do humerous essays about what it's like being a "Yankee" living in the Deep South. I put Yankee in quotes because I am originally from Maryland, which is technically a border state. However, down here in southern Louisiana people don't make that distinction; they would call a North Carolinian a Yankee!

Anyhow, I write for a free biweekly called the Jambalaya News; it's published by some friends of mine (who, BTW, are from Boston and Michigan). It's the kind you would pick up in a rack at the convenience store. My five most recent articles are arcived on thier website: www.thejambalayanews.com The name of my column is "The Dang Yankee". Just click on the icon for it on the home page.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@jmunroe)

Hi, can I get a copy of the podcast notes too please? I am new to this site and have loved the podcasts. Thank you!

James

jmmunroe (at) yahoo.com

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Hi James

I just sent them to you via email. Please let me know if you don't get them for some reason.

Welcome to Guitar Noise, by the bye. Hope to be seeing you around on the Forums.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member

I would love to get a copy of the podcast notes as well. I have made a commitment to start going through them to refresh myself after a guitar playing hiatus.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work Run Runner!

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Just sent them out via email. Please let me know if you didn't get them.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member

Thanks Dave. You da man!

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6