Clear all

Riders on the Storm

23 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
15.9 K Views
(@brotherwolf)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, i could really use some help with this one... there's no sound samples from David so i searched the web for mp3s and the like, but i only found really bad quality files, making the task of hearing the electric piano quite impossible for me... :oops:
If anyone can record himself playing, i'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Is this clip long enough to help out?

Amazon's L.A. Woman Sound Samples

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@brotherwolf)
Topic starter  

that clip is the one i listened to before, which didn't help me :)
i guess i need an instrunebtalacoustic version.
thanks for trying! :)

ReplyQuote
 Good
(@good)
Trusted Member

It would be great to hear it played the way David has tabbed it out.

We're like The Beatles, except there's four of us.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Littlebrother posts:
Made this little video after using the nice lesson for the Doors song "Riders on the Storm" by David Hodge here on GN. I really have enjoyed the lessons on this site and hope more people will join me on this song. The video below shows how I play it and a nice embellishment you may like too.

How many folks can play this song pretty well?

-----------------------

Riders on the Storm (Doors) Video Clip 4mb play click here

Chords I use....

Emin
0 2 2 0 0 0

Amin
0 0 2 2 1 0

D
0 0 0 2 3 2

C
0 3 2 0 1 0

Walkup chords I show in video
Amin
0 0 2 2 1 0
Bmin
0 0 4 4 3 0
Amin
x x 7 5 5 5
Bmin
x x 9 7 7 7

Here's the link:
video.
(You may have trouble playing it in Netscape. If you do, try Explorer)

Thanks!

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@lucky419)
Eminent Member

Wow Musenfreund thanks for that video link.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Actually it is LittleBrother that I would like to thank.
This is the perfect compliment to David's lesson.
I was actually having a little trouble with this song but now after watching the video I can play it like I have been playing it for years.
I guess sometimes words are not enough and you have to actually see what is going on.
I can't wait to get home and play this one for my family.
Thanks Again

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Wow Musenfreund thanks for that video link.

Yep, Missileman's right -- It's Littlebrother's link. I just moved his post into the right forum. He gets the kudos.

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the help Musen, and thanks Missile for the compliment. I really get alot of joy knowing people are playing and learning and your post makes these little videos all worthwhile. Thanks for the rewarding feeling of this video helping. It's just a payback for all the good things people do for me. If you ever get a chance to help other players please pay forward. I'll try to post more in the future.

And thanks for Guitar Noise. This is a wonderful resource that should be supported fully. I suggest that if people can please donate and support this site. I have done so and we all should pay what we can even if it's only a few bucks. I run a web server too and site much like this and it is a monumental undertaking financially and physically.

My Guitar and Blues Site

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I have always loved that song. Having the music and the video to go with it was terrific. I am such a newbie player but had this one sounding decent pretty quickly.

Thanks again to GN

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Mikespe asks:
I guess this is directed toward David but anyone that can answer my question would be greatly appreciated. I just stumbled across this lesson while looking for some blues shuffle strum patterns. Riders On The Storm uses the 12 bar blues and is a song I love. I was wondering if there were any sound bytes for this lesson. David I know you mentioned that you wanted to add sound files to your older lessons with time permitting. I was wondering if you had any lying around your computer for this lesson?

Thanks !

dhdoge responds:
Hi Mike

I don't have any sound files on my computer - whatever I record is done on a different machine andthen "processed." I'll try to see if I can get to this in the upcoming week.

Peace

A gentle reminder: please check to see for threads on a lesson before posting. We want to keep all questions on a lesson in one thread and avoid duplicates. Thanks.

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Sorry Musenfreund... I guess that's twice today that I made a bad post...

David...

I am going to try LB's video and see how that goes for now but I would love to hear your take on this song as well. I tend to combine various methods to my abilities.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Audio files for this have been delivered to Monsieur Hackett and should be online when he has the chance to upload them onto the site.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

Very cool.. You're the man... Good pick (how bout more floyd Mr. Hodge)

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

ReplyQuote
(@1st_act)
Estimable Member

I can't wait for the sound files (I'll be watching the video in a few hours). Where will I be able to find the sound files...in the lesson, or here in the forum?

M

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2