Clear all

Scarborough Fair

17 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
13.4 K Views
(@bgranger)
Topic starter  

Is there any audio to go along with Scarborough Fair? I think I'm coming along pretty well on the lessson, but it would be nice to have a reference. Of course, I have the S&G Greatest hits lp, but a few bytes of MP3 audio matching David's tabs would be great.
Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything that was right in front of my face.
I'm new to the Guitar Noise community...and loving what it's teaching me.
Thanks all...
BG

(@davidhodge)

Welcome and no, you're not missing a thing. There are no MP3 files for this lesson as of yet. Perhaps I'll manage to get some time in this weekend to put some together. But don't hold me to it. I've a couple of other things that have to be recorded first. Some might go up this weekend...

But I'll do my best to get something up as soon as time allows.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@bgranger)
Topic starter  

Just returning to Scarborough Fair. Have some of the riffs down pretty well, but would feel more confident with an MP3 to help 'connect the dots' as I pull the whole thing together.
I'm listening to S&G Greatest Hits....but it's got enough instrumentation and depth of strings to confuse my ears. (When listening to records, I know that there are usually multiple guitar parts and I'll be darned if I can sort out whos doing what.)
Would love to hear just a down and dirty run through...
Love the site...learning more every week/month.
BG

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Now i am onto scarborough fair and when i listen to the recording ...sounds very tough to play , yet using the lesson it seems easy.

Just can't get a hold of it...Will keep trying and keep you updated..:D

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@lineagecreed)
Trusted Member

yes, an mp3 would help alot, especailly the hammer on part and

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I'll join the rest of you on the ground to beg for an MP3 too. :lol:

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Get up off the ground :wink: - it's coming, hopefully within a week.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I would have posted an mp3 if i could record...

Congrats to me...I have NAILED down this song...

Cheers to David..:D (oh i w'd love to someday come by your place and jam on YOUR guitars with you :P ..and believe me ..someday i WILL come 8) )

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@lineagecreed)
Trusted Member

hurry david!!!
thx a lot

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

David, do you want me to put them together?

I can do them tonight.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I got 'em! Should be up late tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for their patience and a special one to Nick, who's partially responsible for the new guitar sound... :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

David, I hope you know that atleast on some level we are just teasing you. We know you guys, Nick and other mods included, are busy people. We'll keep our pants on. :oops:

On a completely different level.

Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?, Are you done yet?,

:lol:

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

MP3s have been delivered to Paul so he'll put them up when he has a chance. Totally forgot, though, that Chinese New Year is this Sunday so it may take him a bit.
David, I hope you know that atleast on some level we are just teasing you. We know you guys, Nick and other mods included, are busy people.

I do, most times, realize this. Sometimes it takes a minute or two, though! :wink:

By the way - bonus points if you can hear Rover (my cat) chiming in on one of the Scarborough Fair audio files!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@lineagecreed)
Trusted Member

hey guys, i'm trying to set the metronume to improve my rthyme on this song, what should I sat it to? 3/4 with bpm of 111?

thx all, the simon and gar version is pretty fast, and i always get lost when i practice along to it..cuz there's no mp3 w/o the words :)

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

I realize this probably isn't the mp3 that everyone is asking for but it is a very nice version done by Queensryche.

It is just a sample from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/samples/B00009L1UP/ref=dp_nav_0/103-7880968-7979821?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=5174&s=music

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2