Clear all

The Needle and the Damage Done

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I just now learned the all the measures, but I can't figure out measures 7 and 8 can someone explain this in baby steps.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I'd be glad to help -- can you let me know which chords are giving you the trouble? Is the issue in the strumming or in hammering on and pulling off? If you can help me focus a bit on what's giving you trouble, I'll try to help.

Thanks.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks but, I figured it out.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

pearlthekat asks:
What is it about this song? I don't find it particularly hard to learn each measure or set of four measures. But when I go to put it together it doesn't sound like the song or even music. And I can't exactly identify what the problem is except I think it's something in the area of phrasing or knowing which notes to emphasize or timing, or something. anyone else have this problem? What to do?

And please avoid duplicate threads in this forum.

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've been struggling with this for a while - tried DHodges lesson, but went back to the way i worked it out myself - the big problem with this song, like Lou Reed's Sweet Jane, is - I can get the guitar part down OK, but I find it impossible to sing along - guitar's playing one thing, vocals are something else entirely.....

I can almost play (my!) version of TNATDD in my sleep, but there's no way I can sing along with it - it's like the fingers are doing one thing, and the voice is doing something totally unrelated - the vocal melody just doesn't follow the chord melody....

Any tips?

:D:D:D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I know Nick was having trouble with part of this song so you can rest easy knowing it's not just you.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@plautzi)

I've still problems with the Fsus4,F, Fsus2,F part. It doesn't sound like the mp3. Does David use any "tricks" like palm muting or anything?

plautzi

ReplyQuote