[Chorus]

[Instrumental - one verse and chorus]

Not an ordinary day
Tears falling from the train
All alone and letting go
Never going home again
[Chorus, repeat until fade]

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

(@xxlostintranslationxx)
Eminent Member

there is a lot of imagery in this... i'm guessing is it about a person not wanting to go home and waiting for their love in a train??? :oops: anyways you got good stuff here... keep it up!!! check out mine "there is no tomorrow"

ReplyQuote
(@fretburn)

Actually this song is about the terrorist bombings in london a few weeks ago....but it is good that they contain enough imagery and feeling to not nessesarily be about a particular event or situation. the imagery conveys enough emotion for the reader to develop their own personal interpretation of the story.

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

I enjoyed that, that would get though to even the most distant listeners. This might just be one of those songs you wouldn't have to introduce in the slightest!

The placement of rain and tears was neat, in my mind the sky was crying and the people were, well, raining, you know what I mean.

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@nitetrapper)
Estimable Member

Hey,Alan real good stuff. I havent been around for a while but I always liked your writing. This lyric seems to put me on the train. My only suggestion is the title. I think it could be more, hell I don't know. Great job as always . Nite................................

lyrics belong in songs, poems bolong in bookstores

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone.

Full marks to Fretburn - that's exactly where the inspiration came from. Anyone who looked at the Saturday papers (July 9th) would have seen that incredibly sad picture of a woman holding a picture of her missing boyfriend, who was announced among the dead a couple of days later.

The title came from the fact that the whole song avoids any use of the 3rd person singular (he/she/it), so it could be about anyone.

The 3rd line of the chorus now reads "Then the tears and the rain start falling".

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@xxlostintranslationxx)
Eminent Member

hey hey... check out mines "fireworks, the art of war" on SSG ... lots of ppl who comment says it reminds them of the london underground

ReplyQuote