Clear all

A Post after many months--F*** Your Fear

50 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
 Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member

This isnt meant as an insult, honestly, but I feel that our writer here may have recently discovered that the world is tough. Maybe he's very young.
I retract earlier comments about him in light of these new probabilities.

Regards,

G.

I say and write what I'm thinking, then wish I hadnt.
My only redeeming feature is that I'm honest.

ReplyQuote
(@metalwerk2)
Trusted Member

1. Songs have to stand on their own. Doesn't matter who you are.

2. If you're writing songs for yourself, then our comments don't matter.

3. If you're writing a highly distorted, punk-trash song, then lyrics don't really matter since your audience isn't that critical.

4. If 3 doesn't apply, then you better have a REAL good reason to use the 'F' word because it will offend most people.

5. If you're using the 'F' word due to lack of writing skill, then the song sucks and you receive an 'F'.

ReplyQuote
 Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member

Mind ewe MW, if no.2 applies, then why upload it?
:?

I dont think I've ever uploaded a song, nor will I. Yet my songs sell.

(In a small time way).

ReplyQuote
(@metalwerk2)
Trusted Member

I should have said, If you're writing songs 'only' for yourself, then our comments don't matter.

The artist who bleeds on a canvas and doesn't care what anyone thinks isn't going to ask anyone's opinion (ie upload to a board like this) because, well, they don't care.

Any song writer who curses through a song surely knows they're going to offend, so why would they act like they aren't?

ReplyQuote
(@jonsi)
Estimable Member

Well, I believe we shall respect each other. The way some of you guys criticized this song is simply disrespectful. Read your posts again and tell me if you honestly believe the critique in this thread is well written.

Keep it on topic please. You are critiquing the song, not the critiques.

In this case the critiques deserve to be criticized.

I'm very dissapointed. Shame on you!

ReplyQuote
 Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member

Hang on. A song is full of F*ck this and that, and you're critical of US?

Get some perspective.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

No, in this case they don't.

There was a post or two that were humorous, making use of the expletives in the song to describe it, but the rest were hitting the mark.

...by the way, don't critique me critiquing a post that critiques the critiques. That's just bad form. :D

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Well, I believe we shall respect each other. The way some of you guys criticized this song is simply disrespectful. Read your posts again and tell me if you honestly believe the critique in this thread is well written.

Keep it on topic please. You are critiquing the song, not the critiques.

In this case the critiques deserve to be criticized.

I'm very dissapointed. Shame on you!

Jonsi,

If someone puts a piece up for critique, then he is explicitly inviting just that - critique. The overwhelming majority were of the opinion that the swearing was detracting from the content. Some were more forthright than others, but the message was (almost) unanimously that he should try again, without the expletives.

The critiques were aimed at the song. As far as I can remember, no-one made any negative remarks about the author - on the contrary, I did make the point that he wasn't a low grade composer, simply the composer of a low grade song.

This critique is not disrespectful. To tell him that his song is great would have been disrespectful and deceitful.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@jus_another_sin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

ok ppl! i guess the song is steam rolled.
thanx for the inputs.

there's a lot of difference between an open mind and a hole in the head !

ReplyQuote
(@jonsi)
Estimable Member

These quotes are not respectful:

"Buy a dictionary, and see a psychiatrist."

"try looking up some words in a dictionary , it may help you with your limited vocabulary."

"This, (I'm sorry to say), is not a musician, merely a lout."

"your song sucks donkey nuts, though."

"I think it f****** sucks. Just my opinion."

"This isnt meant as an insult, honestly, but I feel that our writer here may have recently discovered that the world is tough. Maybe he's very young.
I retract earlier comments about him in light of these new probabilities."

Greybeard and Nick, your critique was constructive, so you don't have be ashamed.

I once posted a lyric here that was really, really bad. My worst ever. It deserved to be criticized, but it - I - was criticized in a way that made me stop writing for weeks, maybe months. I don't think it's tasteful to mock people (even if they swear a lot).

Jus_another_sin, I think you shall listen to the constructive critique. The swearwords become the message, and I don't think that was the meaning, right?

ReplyQuote
 Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member

I retract previous comments means I retract them. It DOESNT mean I want you do dig them up.
Furthermore, the comment about age is not insulting nor disrespectful

I suggest you READ what's written.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

okay Jonsi, your point is taken.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

We might have to consider that someone in India might find it hard to express something in a powerfull way in English nor be able to read the text from the perspective of, for example, an American. I agree the text is currently not very good with all the swearing, but maybe the solution would be if Another-sin would write in Hindi?

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member

ok, off topic now. I'll start a new topic called "Vocabulary" so if people are still interested we can discuss these ideals, opinions, and feelings about some criticism that is being questioned, along with the whole swearing issue so we can stop putting them up on jus another sins' song critique. Cool with you, Nick?

There's a thin fine line between hate and rage.
Now watch the line be crossed and break!

ReplyQuote
 Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member

I agree.

This thread should be ended by now. Let's stop.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4