Notifications
Clear all

a query

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jbiafra)
Topic starter  

i consider myself good at writing verse, but not good at putting the words to music. while i realize that i can put any lyric to any music if i want to badly enough, i'm not a big fan of doing things that way. the forum description implies that someone may attempt to help me put a melody to a lyric if i should choose to post one here. is that true?

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Yes, that's true. :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

When it comes to songwriting, there'll always be some folks good at putting music to lyrics, some at fitting lyrics to music, and those who can do both. If you're mainly a lyric writer, I'd suggest posting some lyrics, see what kind of feedback you get on them.

It might help, too, if you specify what kind of music you're looking for, whether it's hard rock, blues, country, jazz, or any other genre/sub-genre. That way people will have a rough idea of what you're aiming for.

Having said that, it's happened to me a few times over the years here, that songs I've written as rockers have ended up as ballads, and vice versa!

Good luck with your writing - and if you're ever stuck for ideas as to what to actually write about, or want to practise your writing, why not drop into the Sunday Songwriter's Group? (OK, shameless plug there on my behalf, as I moderate the forum and set the assignments....) New members always welcome!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote