Clear all

Bring em home

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

This is NOT a polical song its' just my thoughts on my fellow country men and women fighting a war that they had to fight . My brother in-Law is currently over there and with christmas nearing this is the sediments of his family ...

I will endevour to write a song on his behalf of he does what he does for his country and then try to write a song about how the honest people over there feel about the foriegn troups being their . I have done alot of research on this topic ..

Please don't critque the message but please critque the song and the structure and the lyrics ...

No harm or discrimination is meant by this ...

chorus
Bring em home
For Sadams' gone
Sadams' gone
Bring em home

V1
Is it our fight?
To fight for their rights
With the military might
Is it right is it right is it right

bridge
Their all someones
daughter
Someones
Son

V2
We don't want them to die
Underneath a foriegn sky
Please bring em home
Bring em home
Bring em home

chorus
Bring em home
For Sadams' gone
Sadams' gone
Bring em home

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

(@drunkrock)
Estimable Member

This is NOT a polical song

I think you wrote several lines that would make this a political song (Is it our fight?
To fight for their rights, etc). If you wish to maintain this being a non-political song, I definitely think you should review carefully your choice of words. In my opinion you should focus more on the feelings of loss and of missing your brother-in-law while he is in war, and what you fear about his duty overseas. As it's written, there is a political bend to it, in that you are making arguments against why he is over there. I think a non-political song should focus more of love and fear you have for your brother-in-law.

I hope your brother-in-law is safe, for you and your family.

PS

Sorry if this came off harsh or insensitive, I did try my best to word it appropriately.

ReplyQuote