Notifications
Clear all

Finding your stlye

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rockwithryan707)
Topic starter  

most people have a stlye of music they like to write rock punk emo country rap whatever i like to write emo/soft rock and a lot of ballads sooooooooo i was just wondering what every1 likes to write and how they found it best for them

(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member

i try to write soft rock and acoustic peices....but it all really depends....sometimes i get a bit punky cuz of my long-running past of punk........but mostly i try to write soft rock and acoustic......mainly this is just because it seems its how i can express myself the best way....i like the stripped down emotion of that style....and i believe lyric wise it is such a broad style that you can really write about any subject and it will still sound relevant and powerful...

so...yeah....

Cheers,

NeM H

Rain Shadow

ReplyQuote
(@nocturne181)
Trusted Member

I like to write hard rock songs because to em they have the most emotion. I also write the occasionaly acoustic ballad.

"Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?" Corey Taylor

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member

:lol: i mostly write sappy love songs that are kinda folkish/popish. I do write other stuff but alot of mine is about that stuff and has a folkpop tune. I also have some rock tunes.

ReplyQuote
(@gjbrake)
Reputable Member

I often find that when I am writing them they are acoustic rock, maybe blues, but certainly nothing that loud or heavy.

But then I finish them and play them through a few times to see if they work well, and by that time most of them are full-on rock, sometimes even metal. Only one or two acoustic-ballad type songs remain.

Listen Louder Than You Play

ReplyQuote
(@aerynk-mcavan)
Trusted Member

I write everything. I feel comfortable writing in every style. Ive written/composed many pieces for the church I attend all the way to hard rock/heavy metal. I guess I love all types of music.

Aeryn K. McAvan

You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
Life is not about what I've done, what I should've done, what I could've done. Its about what I can do and what I will do.

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member

I like to write hard rock songs because to em they have the most emotion. I also write the occasionaly acoustic ballad.My thoughts exactly. I love hard rock because I can relate to its meaning and everything and I think it expresses my emotions more clearly (mostly anger or something with fighting.) I also like soft rock, depending on what mood I'm in. My type of music I write ranges from Stone Sour, Slipknot, and some Shinedown maybe.

There's a thin fine line between hate and rage.
Now watch the line be crossed and break!

ReplyQuote
(@nocturne181)
Trusted Member

Slipknot m/ man, rock on.

"Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?" Corey Taylor

ReplyQuote