Skip to content
Finished my first s...

Notifications
Clear all

Finished my first song, but too scared to play it!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@aurora)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi all! I've been a member here for a while but post very little, too many irons in the fire, I guess. But I just wanted to share that I recently finished my first whole song, music and lyrics! It's for the hubby. I wrote the lyrics a few years back on a long solo drive but just recently was able to work out some chords that sounded good with it since I've been practicing more regularly. It's called "I Would Choose You Again."

I want to play it for him but I'm too nervous. :) It's not that I expect to do it perfectly but he's going to think it's corny. So I might just take a video and email it to him. Kind of silly but I'm still not comfortable playing in front of people, even him.

In any case, it's very exciting to have a "real" song of my own and I can't wait to write more. Once I get rid of a couple more irons. :)

A guitar has moonlight in it. ~ James M. Cain

(@alangreen)

Well done.

The first one is always the hardest to get done because you're working out "how" to write as much as you are learning "what" to write.

If you can get it on video, put it out there on Youtube too. Then we can all go listen and provide encouragement and feedback.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I doupt he will think its corny... But I do understand. I started writing poems a handfull of years ago, and I gave one to my wife in a card on our annaversery...It was tough...but I did it.. Also read one outloud for the first time infront of others when we burryed my Dad. THAT one was tough!!!!!

I do like the video idea... eaven if you dont email it.... do a... "Hey comeover and see this..." Then play the vid for him.... that will ease the playing "live" stress.... but still get out in person to see the reaction.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@aurora)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, guys - not sure if I'll have the guts to post it on YouTube but it's a thought. :) Maybe I could handle SoundClick.

A guitar has moonlight in it. ~ James M. Cain

ReplyQuote