Clear all

Frames

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sozay)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This is really just a relatively unformed rant. Despite giving the game away, there seems to be a increasing tendancy to romantise suicide is lyrics at the moment. Every new band, especially the nu metal scene, are all the same regurigated lyrics about pain, abuse and razorblades. For one, i wonder if the people in these bands would have just 'gotten over it' if they hadn't had to relive the same pain each time they sang there songs, or had to find new perspectives on it to make the next album. If they perhaps gave some balance to their writings, or actaully did try a fresh optimistic perscpective they might put there demons to rest and actually help them selves and some of their fans.
Probably just ranting cus im in a bad mood. feel free to pick this all to pieces

Someone heard your song
Someone will see the beauty
That bleeds from you
Over percussive, muted amelody

Someone will start a line
Someone will join the cue
To see the razor blades
That were framed by you

Some will pay the taylor
Some will pay the chef
Some one will break the frame
Someone will live your death

If no one ever heard you
If it had gathered dust
You could have let it heal

currently number 60 in total posts... and shooting for number 1!!

(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

nah, you're not ranting, just being sensical

I'm thinking that you wrote this partially to be able to say the first part, but I'll talk about the lyric anyway

goofy rhythm, but it's consistently goofy, and that makes it okay, like jazz

the only verse I like was the second one, the others give very sketchy images of their individual focuses, foci?, the third has such ambiguous metaphors that it's really about a one in a hundred chance a meaningful point wil come across out of the thousand possibilities of how someone might interpret them

it is uplifitng though, and so whether you want to keep these words or not, it's a beautiful concept to bring hope, love and reverence to this overly empowered despair-machine you described earlier

*poof*

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@nitetrapper)
Estimable Member

Yeah it may be a rant. But you have something going in the 2nd verse. I went over it many times and each time came up with a different point of veiw to me thats good writing. the rest of the song just pretty much confused me. But then again thats easy to do. Take it for what its worth. Keep writing. Nite....................

lyrics belong in songs, poems bolong in bookstores

ReplyQuote
(@alterego)
Estimable Member

Hi sozay, awesome set of words man! I feel the same about the bands that keep rehashing the old shit everytime. Like one album holds around 12 to 13 songs and every damn one of them would be like pain, again and again, hide, etc.. Like 13 songs say the same thing! Nothing wrong with that but at least one can try to be a lil more original in every song he/she does. hey, your last line reminded me of my song "Heal" which I think I haven't posted it here. Will do that after I dust off my old diaries... Anyway, great work man!

http://poemasmuertos.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
(@argus)
Reputable Member

I wrote a song the other night along similar lines, but it was more along the lines of "stop whining or kill yourself already". I'd post it here but it's not really suitable for a "family" site. The chorus is incredibly catchy but I'd have to censor about a quarter of the lines, and even then I'm not sure it's something the admins would want posted here. Well it's more suitable than the one I wrote about necrophilia, but even still...

Enough about me.

About your song, I thought it could have been a bit longer. It's also a little vague/ambiguous for my tastes, but I'm not a very deep person so make of that what you will. I like the idea behind it though, and the approach you took.

ReplyQuote
(@alterego)
Estimable Member

:lol: argus! You are not a deep person and this song is a lil vague to you. :lol: nice one..!

http://poemasmuertos.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
(@sozay)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks guys.
the lyrics probably were something of a half hearted effort so i had a premise to go on a bit of a rant. It good to hear other ppl have the same concerns.
Illl have a go at banging these into some proper shape, for you parusal at some future date.
thanks
soz

currently number 60 in total posts... and shooting for number 1!!

ReplyQuote