Clear all

i suppose its a good thing UPDATED...

23 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

hmmm...iv found lately that nothing major (or even minor) has happened in my life for me to write about in songs...
well...things happened...
the girl i really adored asked out one of best mates...
so iv got stuff to write about again!!
Ouch!
Hey, be careful what you ask for. You may get it.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

well...things happened...

the girl i really adored asked out one of best mates...

so iv got stuff to write about again!!

and iv already got a sheet of A4 filled out...oh i love writing :D
Its a songwriters dream. We might be the only species that say "SOMEONE BROKE MY HEART?" YEAH!! :lol: Hum, I wonder if marriage will help or hinder my writing processes?

anyways, I second the suggestion for you to take part in the Sunday Songwriters Forum. Be more active than I am and you'll go far.. or atleast farther than I have.

Good luck on your writing.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

if i jynxed myself like kenny said then youd better be careful talking about your marriage :P

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

UPDATE!!

..um.....

i ...wrote...stuff... :)

haha this came back and bit me!! i write with an album in mind usually. making the song link into each other etc...but with this new album i decided to make each song totally different to the last...to improve creativity and skills etc

anyways now iv got 10 song i like....i put them together...to form a horrible mess of genres and tempos :S its NASTY

so sad :( so now im kinda going over each song and reshaping it towards a common feel. which is really hard actually. its working....but yeah...unforeseen negative of a good idea...

i havent been writing much at all lately...putting some finishing touches and fixing up some old songs...and listening to a lot of music...i guess il get back into it when i feel like it, i write about 1 song a month usually. although last year took 10 songs in 12 months...but im finding its 'quality over quantity'

how has everyone elses creative side changed since this thread started?

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

how has everyone elses creative side changed since this thread started?

ummmm - I haven't had much of a creative side lately. I'm in the middle of splitting up with the woman who's been my partner for the last ten years, so when I have written anything it's tended to be bluesy, bleak or downright bloody miserable. Funny thing though, when I was updating my mate/jam buddy on the situation, he said, "Well knowing you, you'll probably put all this to music...."

Well, maybe, but I'll wait for the dust to settle first..........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

write now...emote now...paraphrase now....get the feelings written now...wait for dust to settle....create later :)

dont let her go!! hang on to people like that...10 years is too long to let slip :(

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

write now...emote now...paraphrase now....get the feelings written now...wait for dust to settle....create later :)

Fortunately, when it comes to writing, I'm able to mentally revisit old scenarios and remember the emotions I was feeling then....
dont let her go!! hang on to people like that...10 years is too long to let slip :(

Not in this case. I'm not into flagellation, necrophilia or bestiality - and I'd be flogging a dead horse if I tried to revive this relationship.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

hahahahaha..... :S nasty

:P

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2