Clear all

If I Didn't Have To See You Again

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jase36)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

This is a complete accident , Ive never tried to put a song together before but it fell together. The last month or so I've been trying to sing and failing miserably. I get about an hour on a Tuesday morning where everyone is out and I record my attempts to sing. It didn't go well and at the end I was just messing about playing half a measure of Bm half a measure of G and a measure of A and I made a couple of lines up on the spot. When I played it back I thought it sounded ok. What I came up with below took about an hour of changing and finalising. Ive been happily married for 22 years so its pure fiction but the idea comes from a friend of mine whose wife very unexpectidly left him, he was devastated but thought he would be fine if only he didnt have to see her again. so I worked it from there and its ended up as a song about murderous revenge being the only way out.
I've included the chords at the bottom. Now that I've written it out it seems corny and Cliched but its my first attempt at a song and thats it.

If I Didn't Have To See You Again

Verse
There can be no natural end
I don't want to remain your friend
Your moving on im stood still
Theres nothing left for me now

Bridge
I could be alright If I didn't have to see you again

Chorus
Your Cheating Thieving Stealing I'm grieving
For the love I used to know
Im begging pleading you've left me bleeding
With the love you gave to him

Verse
And so youll see this is the end
A desperado that won't mend
So if your not mine your no ones
This is how our lives will under run

Chorus
Bridge
Chorus

Verse

Bm G A
There can be no natural end
Bm G A
I don't want to remain your friend
Bm G A
Your moving on im stood still
Bm G A
Theres nothing left for me now

Bridge
F#m G A
I could be alright If I didn't have to see you again

Chorus
D A G A
Your Cheating Thieving Stealing I'm grieving
D A G A
For the love I used to know
D A G A
Im begging pleading youve left me bleeding
D A G A
With the love you gave to him

http://www.youtube.com/user/jase67electric

(@pear-tart)
Eminent Member

I like the song itself but the subject matter is very common. If you added a twist or something really personal, rather than just repeating one basic idea. Show, don't tell. If you recall one incident or bring in one object that means something to the story, that could make it more interesting. But yeah...

ReplyQuote