Skip to content
inspiration (not a ...

Notifications
Clear all

inspiration (not a song just a question)

16 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey everyone~I just had a question for all the songwriters...Ok my friend can write a song anytime anywhere about anything. I have to be inspired. I was just wondering if anyone else has to be inspired or am I just strange. :D

Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member

I too can write a song anywhere and about anything. BUT, nine
times out of ten, it's forgotten within a week or two.
Inspiration usually provides a far more powerful and emotive result.

I say and write what I'm thinking, then wish I hadnt.
My only redeeming feature is that I'm honest.

ReplyQuote
(@slowplay)
Honorable Member

I'm no pro, but I find the same thing. I don't actually sit down to write the really good parts of my songs, they just sort of appear in my head in various stages of completion. As soon as an idea comes I write it down.

Inspiration by itself though won't get the song written. After that I work to get the song done and wait for inpsiration to improve it latter. I find inspiration is often just the by product of letting your sub conscious mull over things.

Ice cream is a dish best served cold.

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thats a really good way of putting it. I understand completly. But the only song that I have on here (Memories) just came to me one day in my science class. I got out my little book and just wrote. Thats the only time something hasn't actually inspired me. But I guess that was just inside of me ready to come out.

ReplyQuote
(@artistx13)
Estimable Member

Songs come from just about anywhere thats why its helpful to have a handy dandy notepad. A lot of times if you force something it just doesnt sound right. let inspiration give you that kick. I may just be strange but sometimes I dont really get inspired to write about a subject but inspired to try a different structure, like I'll sit there and think "hmm it would be cool instead of rhymiming to using syllables to carry a song" and after tinkering a subect comes up, thats how I wrote my song storytime. enough rambling and self post promoting. when all else fells write write write write.

Micheal

"I named my son Marshall, yeah I named him after the amp. Of course that wasnt my first choice, I was gonna name him Peavy but my wife didnt like it."- Ron "Tater Salad" White

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

Hi

Good question , inspiration for me comes from the things in my life I hold dear ( friends and family ) as well as the simple things like watching television with my son and daughters .

My best lines for songs are ususally said to me by others or I say them to others ( usually on totally different topic ), when I hear something good
(it usually sticks in my mind )and I write it down and keep it in my book then when I start to write I refer to my book and see if anything would fit . As for rhymes I use rhymezone.com it's fairly helpful .

Iam no professional song writter but I do enjoy putting a song together , Sunday Song Writters on this webb site is really good as well they give you a topic.

Cheers
L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@metalwerk2)
Trusted Member

For me, inspiration is just the spark. The rest is hard work and lots of rewrites. Seems like once I get the concept, everything else falls into place but I do need to focus. If I needed inspiration for every single line, it would take me 20 years to write something.

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

wow lotto king! i went to rhymezone.com since you said it helped you come up with rhymes. that is really cool! Thanks for saying something about it. As for everyone elses replys, alot of what you have said makes good sense. what Artistx13 said about if you force something it just doesnt sound right is sooo true. The friend that made me want to ask this question does just that. But we all are different and practice makes perfect (well close enough to it).

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

no problem glad to help

:D :D :D :D :D

cheers
L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
 Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member

What's a tatse? :D

Sorry, couldnt resist! :lol:

I say and write what I'm thinking, then wish I hadnt.
My only redeeming feature is that I'm honest.

ReplyQuote
(@artistx13)
Estimable Member

Always glad to help. Thats whats great about these forums its full of helpful people. =)

Micheal

"I named my son Marshall, yeah I named him after the amp. Of course that wasnt my first choice, I was gonna name him Peavy but my wife didnt like it."- Ron "Tater Salad" White

ReplyQuote
(@nocturne181)
Trusted Member

I could probably sit down and write a song right now, but I never seem to be unless I felt inspired when I wrote them.

"Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?" Corey Taylor

ReplyQuote
(@jacqui1627)
Trusted Member

an interesting topic!

I find that songs that come from inspiration, come from a place that expresses true emotion, and often mark a true journey of creation, lyricism and music.

not to say that songs written anywhere anytime are not special or invalid, they just come from a different place that is not true to that person. and therefore lose that essence offeeling and expression.

but a song doesnt always have to come from experience.

am I making any sense? :?

cya
Jacqui

"Iam a question to the world... not an answer to be heard."

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

wow! I love how you put that. It has so much meaning.

ReplyQuote
(@stefhy)
Trusted Member

For me, (and i do think im weird, but you never know) its usually inspiration that, well stops me from coming up with good ideas, i get so inpsired that i get many ideas at once, and come up with a whole bunch of different songs, and titles and stories ..stuff like that, i get soo many that they all fumble with eachother and i dont know what to do with myself. I have found so far that the best way to really get a good feel to a song, or simply just alot of emotion out is just when you get inpspired, write down on a piece of paper why your inspired, what it reminds you of, what your feeling... lol jst weird stuff like that, than later on you come back to it and find a way to put it into lyrics or poems. or just rewrite it in a more poetic way all together... works wonders for me, anyone else try that?

I know it wasn't reason,
That made me do what wasn't right
but sometimes my heart falls prone
to the nature of your spite.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2