Notifications
Clear all

I've lost my inspiration! :(

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@musicfreak14)
Topic starter  

Okay...so...about a year ago, I was doing A lOT of writing, but then life got busy...blah blah blah (and all the usual excuses :? ) and now for about the past several months, I haven't been able to come up with ANYTHING. No matter how long I sit around, no matter how long I noodle on the guitar, and no matter how many quote books i go through and galleries I browse... everytime I draw a blank. and I'm sure you'll tell me I can't go looking for inspiration, that it has to sneak up on you. But now I've gone months without anything, and it's getting really frusterating. :x So I was just wondering what all of you guys do when you have one serious MASSIVE writers block !! Any help would be much appriciated :) Thnxz

(@scrybe)
Famed Member

personally, I try to forget about it. I'm having horrid writers block myself at the moment, no matter what I do, nothing of any worth seems to come. I'm spending the time working on my guitar playing skills and trying to forget about trying to write a tune until the ideas/inspiration/motivation/whatever anyone wants to call it seems to return.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@lwj001)
Reputable Member

Try being a newspaper reporter.
Once you get a theme (falling in/out of love, etc)
Develop an answer for these questions:

Who/What/Where/Why/When/How?

Kingwood Kowboy
Author of over 6,600 song lyrics
http://www.kingwoodkowboy.com/

ReplyQuote
(@monsterbiscuit)

I don't know... Part of me thinks you shouldn't force inspiration but the other part of me says just keep playing and singing and until you come up with something you like.

Singing Lessons - Anyone Can Learn How To Sing!

ReplyQuote