Clear all

Need Some Help

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@amazing_ness)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm working on an instrumental song I call 'Electricity." I'm doing it on acoustic too, just so I don't get a "lol you are obviously doing it on electric right?"

Anyway, the song is going great, I already have a structure for it laid out, and a theme almost, and a technique and the rest. The only problem is I cannot remember what I played before, cause I just go too fast and complex.

The "chorus" and the outro i can remember, because they are simple, but I can't remember my "verses" after I play them, because it's pretty much a solo, too fast too complex.

Any ideas of how I should go about writing it?

Hey.

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Have you thought about recording what you're playing?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@amazing_ness)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yup, but then I have no clue how I played it

Hey.

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

slow it down to half speed and work it out note by note exactly how you want it and then remeber it. yup, but then I have no clue how I played it I dont really know what you want us to say if you can't remember what you played i dont know how you expect us to haha :roll:

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@cooker)
Estimable Member

amazing....not sure what your asking,,if you are talking about an instrumental..there should still be a melody to follow even if it`s only in your head,,,
if it is still in the "rambling stage" you have to "decide" what it is you want to play....sounds like you are improvising as you go...which is okay...I have the same problem as alot of us probably do...
Somewhere along the line..you must decide what it is you want people to hear the most...if you can record..listen to the recuring phrases..or the ones you like and play them over and over..until you get them in the order intended... using the "KISS" method has helped me(keep it simple stupid)...it can be overwhelming at times because you can`t decide what you want....if you have a structure and melody line..you are half way there..let those dictate the rest...hope this helps cooker

You can sleep when you`re dead!
"and baby all you need...is just a little more love"

ReplyQuote