Clear all

New member to this side of things

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

For all that have read my post in the news area....

I gonna write a song. I have to first two lines and none of the guitar parts. Not sure what to expect or how long it will take to write it. this will be from the heart.

The song is about someone I loved with all my heart and soul and lost to drugs(meth). She died of a enlarged heart. On our 1st wedding aniversery. Which is also my birthday. And to make matters more complicated, My wedding day with my new wife. She and god do not want me to forget.

So if post it here. Will this stuff be locked down to just memebers?

(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well I know I need my desktop up and running. Just banged out some great rythm in the style she loved and I have nothing to record on.

1st two line of the lyrics...

I've thought of you most every day since the time when we first met
Some days good and some that I just regret

Oh, she loved Neil young

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

So, Sid, you've got a start but maybe not sure where to go next? Here's a link to a couple of good articles by Nick...

https://www.guitarnoise.com/lessons/songwriting-for-beginners/

https://www.guitarnoise.com/lessons/songwriting-for-intermediates/

They might help. It's OK writing from the heart, and pouring your emotions out - but it helps to be organised. And I don't know if this will help or not - sometimes it's better to view events you want to write about as if they happened to someone else. Try to be detached - I know, that's not going to be easy given the circumstances - and organise your thoughts. Split them into groups - how you met, things you shared, happiness, pain, how it ended. Make a list of what you want to say, then another list of how best to say them. That's pretty much covered in the two articles, though.

All the best,

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

thanks Vic. You are a true inspiration to this board.

I posted about Neil because he does wright from his heart and this is what she loved.

Gonna check out those other links though. Thanks for all the other tips too.

Keep the tips comin guy's a gal's

ReplyQuote
(@rcsnydley1)
Trusted Member

Sid - some times its best to just start writing anything that comes to mind. You can go back later and put it into a more organized structure. Its OK to tweak your lyrics after you've written them, the most important thing is to get them down.

If you already have the music you could also try just singing along with the melody and record whatever comes out. Sort of a free form writing style and the go back and organize it into a great song she would be proud of.

All the best in getting this song written. Please, be sure to post it when you complete it.

Ric

"I've got blisters on my fingers." - Ringo Starr

ReplyQuote