Clear all

New Writer Experimenting

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@adderia)
Topic starter  

Hey Guys,

I am a new musician, and can't sing if my life depended on it. So, instead I took a friends advice and have added some ambient effects to my songs in place of lyrics. I thought I would put a link up to my youtube channel to see what people thought of what I was doing.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmb99NJwm_B7BsuGmB67h6g/playlists

Feel free to be brutally honest I can take it. I am just looking for feedback as to whether or not people think this is fun to listen to.

Thanks

(@faith)

Hi Mathew.
Really like your stuff, especially the root. I am very similar yo your position been playing around with guitars and music for years. Been a bit more serious lately playing guitar everyday, I also have a chapman but mine is a ML3 tradition bloody great sounding guitar love it, what's yours like?. Keep doing what you are doing its cool , hope to post things in the future myself. Gary. :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@adderia)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the feedback. I have an ML-1 I bought it like gee 7-8 months ago and love the thing. I call it my swiss aemy guitar because it can do almost anything well and it and my ESP are the only guitars that sound good recorded.

ReplyQuote
(@faith)

I know what you mean about the Chapman. I have had loads of guitars over the years some great some bad but the Chapman ticks all the boxes like you say. I also have a faith mercury scoop acoustic and it is out of this world.
How did you load your recordings to utube and add pictures? Bit lost on how to do it. :D

ReplyQuote
(@adderia)
Topic starter  

All the images I put in my videos are found in google image search. I search google images for royalty free images and just look for images that fit my song.

I use windows movie maker to create the videos. All you do is drag and drop the pictures from google into movie maker and then drop your music on top of all of it. Then you click on the individual images and from the ribbon in movie maker tell it how long to display the image before it switches to the next. It even has some nifty transitions.

If you ever used power point then movie maker isn't much different. You know I bet you could use power point itself now that I think of it... hmmm Have to experiment with that...Possibly even the google app equivalent.

Normally it takes as much time to generate a video and upload it to You Tube as it takes to actually record my songs because movie maker and you tube both attempt to optimize your videos.

ReplyQuote
(@faith)

Cheers for the info. Will have a go later. Cheers Gary.

ReplyQuote