Notifications
Clear all

newbie " aaba form"

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@kobi_dog)
Topic starter  

i've read in "song writing for dummies" that each verse,chorus, bridge etc is called one or the other, A, B C, that's all fine and i comprehend it as such ,but i recently came upon an articile that says you also use this format in writing the verse,i.e. aaba, the same applys to the chorus and bridge , so my question is, do you apply the formats to the verses etc first and then apply the format to the whole song again once you've written it, if anyone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated, signed confused.

(@rotten)
Eminent Member

Im not to sure of what your asking but maybe this can help.
aaba format refers to the verse and looks like this.

I went to the store------a
I needed some more----a
now im all out
ill go get some more----a

lines 1,2 and 3 end on the same syllable. Now a song is made up from a chorus, bridge, verse and interlude. All or none of these can be included. Yes you could use the aaba format for a song, it all depends on you and what type of song you want. i am by no means an expert on the subject, but hopfuly it helped a bit. Maybe someone with more knowlage of songwriting can help.

Dirty rotten

"You gona bark all day little doggy? Or are you gona bite?"

ReplyQuote
(@omega)
Estimable Member

Basically, if A=Verse, and B=Chorus, and the song has an AABA structure, it means write a verse, followed by another, then a chorus, then a final verse.

Somnium Dulcis.

ReplyQuote