Clear all

Now what?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@arden)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I got together with some friends last weekend, and we finished writing a song together. We're all pretty happy with it, and people we've played it for seemed to like it, too. I was wondering, how would I go about submitting songs to record companies and the like? (I.E. make sone $$ off of our creative genius :wink: ) How would one go about becoming a songwriter?

(@alangreen)

Hiya,

First off - do not submit it to record companies; all they're interested in is distributing a finished product and if you send them an unsolicited demo you probably won't get any response.

Take your band into a studio and record the song. Aim for the best recording you can achieve. You'll need a few more songs, too. Then find yourself a manager who can not only get you some good gigs but also has contacts in the A&R departments.

And, be prepared for any number of rejections from management companies who don't understand what you're doing or who didn't bother to listen to more than the first ten seconds of the demo.

If you want to be a songwriter, rather than a performer, have a look at the International Songwriters Association

Clickety click

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@duffgurl2004)
Eminent Member

I got together with some friends last weekend, and we finished writing a song together. We're all pretty happy with it, and people we've played it for seemed to like it, too. I was wondering, how would I go about submitting songs to record companies and the like? (I.E. make sone $$ off of our creative genius :wink: ) How would one go about becoming a songwriter?

well if you formed an band then you could cheak in phone for booking gigs. you could go from there adn alot of times thats how famous songwriters and bands start. sometimes record people hang out there to look for new meat they say well i hope that helps you cause hell im just in the same position like you.
miranda :wink:

-MIRANDA BROOKS-

ReplyQuote