Skip to content
stuck on lyrics? wr...

Notifications
Clear all

stuck on lyrics? writer's block suggestions thread...

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@homestar_kevin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah so recently I've been coming up with a lot of music for songs, but can't seem to match this creative outburst with lyrics. I can hear how I want the words to sound(mood wise) as well as the melody, but can't seem to pu anything down on paper.

So I was just wondering what you guys(and gals) do when you are stuck on a song?

Thanks

Kevin

I can't wait for someone to say something worth quoting here...

(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

First of all, Legend of Zelda is awesome.

As for your question, it's kind of tough to know without hearing it.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Have you considered a collaboration with someone? Sometimes, with two people working toward the same goal, some very interesting things can come out.

(The Legend of Zelda???????) :lol:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@homestar_kevin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

haha yes, the avatar is a zelda reference. Thank you both for noticing! haha

the collaboration suggestion is good, but I dunno with these songs I'm working on I have like subject matter I know I need to write about and it's something I just need to do alone...It's just kinda personal.

I think for these the answer if just a ton of free writing. But this thread was also just supposed to be a general thread.

What do you do when you have writers block?

Kevin

I can't wait for someone to say something worth quoting here...

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

if you know hte mood of the song, think of words that connote that mood to you.

Write them down.

Take one and put it on the top of a sheet of paper and start writing ANYTHING. Make lists, write a story, think of synonyms and antonyms, etc.

Do the same with the other words.

Pick a word and write a story about the word. Pick a word and think up every word you can that rhymes with it.

Generate about a dozen or so pages . . . then sit back and read over what you've created and try and find an idea in the heap. More than likely there's one or more good one's in there.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote