Clear all

The Foot

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Alright, this is absolutley ridiculous, it's kind of a country song(definetely must be sung with a country accent) , I know it's a cliche :wink: , but here goes.

The Foot

There's a foot on the other side of town
Separated from her leg when times were down
all the time she sits and weeps
thinking anout him and the memories she keeps

Thirty years ago in a town long forgotten,
That lone foot waltzed in troubles a brought'n,
Creaked down into the finest gosh darn barstool around
All the men jumped up investigatin' the sound

She was the prize fer' many a year
takin all their hearts and and all of their cheer,
That's when I stepped in broken at the heel,
no thoughts about girls like her, jus' lookin' fer a meal

Soon she got sure enough tired of em' all,
all them burly, tough, handsome and tall,
in the end she was lookin down at me
we both knew that it would have to be

Loved her every day those twenty years strong,
nothing could change, it could never go wrong,
but all things pass, they gotta be real,
so we both end up broken at the heel

alright, I think I can take that seriously, yeah

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

(@blaine)
Trusted Member

I've made replies to alot of your stuff and I just have on question... what all is in your CD collection... You write like, everything... lol... i think its awesome... the song was good... i liked it... creative...

Blaine Adams

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I mentioned most of my major influences on a post about the best songwriters ever, but I did this one after listening to that country music TV station one day and figuring out all the songs since they repeat about every 7 videos.

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@blaine)
Trusted Member

haha... i guess that'll put country on ur mind... lol.. thats cool.. i mainly listen to rock but i also like to johnny cash alot..but i think thats the only country

Blaine Adams

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

IF you wanna try some new stuff, you'd probably like John Mayall, or some older rock guys like Thunderclap Newman or I always recommend the white stripes(not the hits) to people who are looking to approach aold blues/western

-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@blaine)
Trusted Member

The White Stripes ARE AWESOME!!!!!!! I only have "White Blood Cells" and "Elephant" but I got into them when "white blood cells" came out... i love them... jack is brilliant... i just recently read the article about him in the cover issue of guitar world.... it was good... everything about what he does is awesome!!!

Blaine Adams

ReplyQuote
(@dragona43)
Eminent Member

I LOVE THE WHITE STRIPES...THEY ROCK, MAN ok enough screaming, yeah your stuff is pretty creative and ecclectic, I like ecclectic, but it's hard for me to get into most country, jazz, rap, and r&b, but i love my alternative, rock, metal, punk influences, and i do like some other stuff...your song's cool...the foot...i'm weird so i probly would've called it the foot of dooom, but that's just me being weird and i don't recommend you listen to me when i'm weird 8) :shock: :shock: i love that face :shock:

ie an'tce eakspe igpe atinle!!
the first legal high is spinning around!!

ReplyQuote