Clear all

why must i do that

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jadiny)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey there, im new to songwriting and been trying to write whenever i can. firstly i write a couple of lyrics then add the melody then finish off the song. i dont no why. anyway when i try to write indie songs (as in rock music) they end up becoming a soulful rnb song and i just don't understand its not the music i want to write :x can anyone tell me why i do this, anyone :(

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great.

--Mark Twain

(@oblio)

I might suggest plan out in your head where you want to go.

It sounds as if your just writing, while this can be useful at times, songs that are too random, or in your case, not particular to the genre you want, it can be a distraction.

Listen to the kind of music you are trying to write for, and know where you want to go.

If you still end up going to RnB stuff... look back and re-write part of it.
:)

ReplyQuote
(@jadiny)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yeah thanks for your advice. it's really hard i think i am being to random but i listen to different types of music maybe i should just listen to indie music until i can write a indie song.

thanks for replying :) .

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great.

--Mark Twain

ReplyQuote
(@jonsi)
Estimable Member

Do you call that a problem? For me it's completely the opposite. I want to write soul or R'nB but everything sounds like rock.

ReplyQuote
(@jadiny)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yeh i'n getting a little bit better with my writing. but indie is what i want to write. if only we could swap eh jonsi lol.

--Mark Twain

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

take more time to write your songs. you need to constantly be editing yourself to get the lyrics you want to come out, instead of the lyrics that come out naturally. or, just write what comes naturally and be happy with it.
or, learn about twenty indie covers and try to write just like them.

ReplyQuote