Clear all

12-string tuning....

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

about 7-8 months ago, I bought a 12-string acoustic....not dirt cheap, but not ruinously expensive either....on the general consensus of advice on these forums, I tuned everything down a full step and raised the action....it's been sitting in a corner ever since....thought, "Oh my, I shouldn't have tried that myself...I'm going to have to take it back and pay to have it set up...."

Anyway, tonight, I thought I'd have one last go at setting it up myself....so I tuned it back up to standard tuning, a little bit of fiddling with an Allen Key and guess what? I've got a brand new guitar!!! No fret buzz, no weird sitar- like tones....

So I guess I did get a new guitar for Xmas after all!!!!

Moral of the story....if it sounds good when you buy it, don't mess about with it...

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic (Currently playing the hell out of "Band on the run"!!!!)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Good for you, Vic!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Yeah I couldn't figure out why you originally did that Vic. It just proves We're not always right!! Don't beleive everything thats typed. Congrats 8) !

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote