$80,000 for a Marti...

Notifications
Clear all

$80,000 for a Martin 12 string at MF!!

26 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I never thought ANY guitar would RETAIL as much as $80,000 but at Musician's Friend has a Martin 12 string for that price. Plus it's REGULAR price is $100,000! To make matters more shocking there are SIXTEEN REVIEWS!!!

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Mike, have you read those "reviews"?
May 5, 2006 - I bought this guitar for my 5 year old.

She has an interest in guitar and I figure she should learn on the best.

It cost as much as my Hummer but yiu should see how jealous he losers at the local guitar shop are that my five year olds guitar is worth more than their houses.

Apr 15, 2006 - I bought this guitar because I was looking for a "beater" guitar to take on backpacking and camping trips

and so on.

:lol:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Mike, have you read those "reviews"?
May 5, 2006 - I bought this guitar for my 5 year old.

She has an interest in guitar and I figure she should learn on the best.

It cost as much as my Hummer but yiu should see how jealous he losers at the local guitar shop are that my five year olds guitar is worth more than their houses.

Apr 15, 2006 - I bought this guitar because I was looking for a "beater" guitar to take on backpacking and camping trips

and so on.

:lol:
OOPPPSS!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: I was too busy getting over the sticker shock!

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

:P :P :P that's pretty durn funnay

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Sooooo....

has anyone clicked on the "wishlist" button for this guitar?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Thats the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

It looks remarkably wood-like for what I can only assume is a guitar made from solid gold :roll:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

sadly this Epi only commands $40.000.oo even tho it's signed by "sir" Paul hisself!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EpiphoneAgedTexanAcousticGuitarSignedbyPaulMcCartney.1ofonly40produced?sku=518090

(probably because it only has 6 strings?)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

The price on the martin has got be a mistake! A guy wanted a beater guitar, and thats no beater guitar! It has got to be a joke!

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

No, the guy saying he wanted it for a beater was joking

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

The price isn't a mistake. The D-100 is a limited edition - I think they only made 50.

I've seen one in person... it's beautiful inlay work. I didn't play it, but I've played other highly decorated Martins, and my sense is that they're not as good (as instruments) as plainer ones. I haven't been able to figure out if that's because they're not as good... or if it's because they're just as good, but they make me nervous playing them.

I guess if it was a choice between buying one of those or buying a Monet to hang on the wall, I'd seriously consider it. But I'm not in the market for a Monet either.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Oh come on, don't be so cheap! It comes with a case, after all! And free shipping! :wink:

Now, would anyone really buy that online? I mean, MF's just going to ship it out in a factory box via UPS ... not even set up. And shipping takes 32 days ... what's up with that ?

For the price, I'd expect them to get Martin's chief luthier on a plane to hand-deliver it to me, and personally set it up for me.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

For the price, I'd expect them to get Martin's chief luthier on a plane to hand-deliver it to me, and personally set it up for me.

Yea and also a cup of coffee and pastry!! :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Now, would anyone really buy that online? I mean, MF's just going to ship it out in a factory box via UPS ... not even set up. And shipping takes 32 days ... what's up with that ? "Yes sir, it was sent out today"....*hangs up phone*..."Oi!, you lot, get cracking, we've only got 25 days to bang together another one of these babies before we have to send it 7 day post..." :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@manitou)
Estimable Member

Im sorry... but from the reviews even if I had 80 thousand to throw away I wouldnt buy it, Good god, they ALL Say that the guitar is an utter piece of crap but they wanted it cuz it was expensive and would make people jealous. Are we really musicians to make people jealous? Makes me sick. Anyway... Honestly, If I had say, a million in the bank, I would buy that guitar just to light it on fire, or run it over with my car just because I can. It would be the same "Cuz I can" factor but I would enjoy it, I mean, REALLY Enjoy it. And then I would frame the pieces and put it in an art exibit for "modern realism is abstraction" or something. Thats the world I live in, I just wish more people were here with me... And seriously... think about THIS, Limited edition? Only 50? The shop I work in makes 35 guitars a year and they only sell for 3000... lol. cmon folks...

SHUT UP ABOUT IRON MAIDEN SOLOS AND GO PRACTICE!
-Manitou

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2