Clear all

A good idea?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@english-one)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ok, on June 16th my exams are over, and I will have something like 11 weeks of holiday ahead of me...
(ok, thats a lot for us english kids, though I'm sure it's not much in America)

Anyway, to get to the point, I'm thinking of trying to get a sort of apprenticeship in a recording studio over the summer. Do you think that this will be worthwhile.
I aim to persue a career in the recording field eventually, is this a good way to get into that?

Any responses, suggestions or ideas would be appreciated very much.

Thankyou

Peter

(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

by the way, we get 12 months of summer, it's not much of a difference.

and during my last summer vacation, I did the same thing, I was only 15 at the time, but I knew the owner well so he gave it to me since there was noone else asking.

It was a great learning experience, I'd only known enough before hand to wire up a makeshift surround sound system for my room out of scrap hardware, and now I set up the PA and complete electronics for my band, and I've done a few jobs(for those ballsy enough to trust a 16 year old). It's free education, and it's a lot more interesting and useful than Geometry

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

If that's what you're interested in, why not. Offer to learn for low pay, or free, if it's not a full time thing. If you put $ asa benefit and not a requirement, people are more likely to be impressed with your drive. Of course, that can be hard if you are trying to make a living at the same time. But if you are working a job this summer and are looking to get an internship part time at a studio to learn about recording, offer to help out with chores or work for free.

Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

12 months of summer in Nevada, sounds about right. :wink:

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@kc13088)
Trusted Member

Snoogans, is it true you can cook eggs on the sidewalks during the summer?

ReplyQuote