Clear all

A new used Squier strat

13 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@primeta)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

A Korean made Pro Tone. Just a nice basic, decent quality strat. :)

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

(@davidp)

It looks very nice. On my screen I can't quite make out the color. Are you planning on making any changes to the guitar?

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Nice. How old; early/mid-90s?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, I think it's probably 96 or 97. From what I can tell it started out as a trans blue and the finish has yellowed it to a green.

At the moment I'm not planning any changes, though I might try some electronics upgrades in the future. I'm not sure about the furniture, pearloid and gold plate aren't really me, but the quality seems fine.

Steely Dan

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Good times. ^Those Pro Tone strats are known for their high quality. You should be happy with that instrument. Now, go intonate it!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member

ANY OF U KNOW WHAT YEAR SQUIERS CAME OUT.... CUZ I HAVE ONE AND ITS THE MOST AWESOME SQUIER EVER... I'VE HAD NASHVILLE STUDIO MUSICIANS WHO ONLY PLAY AMERICAN MADE GUITARS SAY IT HAS THE NICEST FEELING NECK EVER. I'M GUESSING WHEN SQUIER WAS FIRST RELEASED IT WAS A REALLY GOOD (CHEAPER) STRAT. AND AS IT PROGRESSED THEY TURNED IT INTO THE BEGINNERS GUITAR...... I ALSO NOTICED MY SQUIER HAS A REAL STRAT HEADSTOCK ITS NOT THAT BIG FAT ON YOU ALWAYS SEE AND ALSO MINE SAYS........FENDER (IN BIG LETTERS) AND SQUIER UNDER IT IN SMALLER LETTERING? THIS IS UNUSUAL SO I'M WONDERING IF I HAVE SOMETHING HERE? ANYONE KNOW.

sorry bout the caps i have to have it on at my job and i was takin a break and forget to take it off till now.... FYI i was not yelling.....

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Nice Squier, Primeta. I think they are really underrated guitars. They suffer from the "little brother" syndrome with their big brothers - Strats. I have one, and think it is a really nice guitar. Not as nice as my Strat, but nice.

How much did it set you back?

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

ANY OF U KNOW WHAT YEAR SQUIERS CAME OUT.... CUZ I HAVE ONE AND ITS THE MOST AWESOME SQUIER EVER... I'VE HAD NASHVILLE STUDIO MUSICIANS WHO ONLY PLAY AMERICAN MADE GUITARS SAY IT HAS THE NICEST FEELING NECK EVER. I'M GUESSING WHEN SQUIER WAS FIRST RELEASED IT WAS A REALLY GOOD (CHEAPER) STRAT. AND AS IT PROGRESSED THEY TURNED IT INTO THE BEGINNERS GUITAR...... I ALSO NOTICED MY SQUIER HAS A REAL STRAT HEADSTOCK ITS NOT THAT BIG FAT ON YOU ALWAYS SEE AND ALSO MINE SAYS........FENDER (IN BIG LETTERS) AND SQUIER UNDER IT IN SMALLER LETTERING? THIS IS UNUSUAL SO I'M WONDERING IF I HAVE SOMETHING HERE? ANYONE KNOW.

sorry bout the caps i have to have it on at my job and i was takin a break and forget to take it off till now.... FYI i was not yelling.....

checking the serial number would be a good place to start :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

It came to $270 Canadian including tax. Which is probably where my skills are at the moment :D

Steely Dan

ReplyQuote
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member

squiers are the bomb diggity, i got a cheap one and upped the electronics, its wicked now. they have the most amazing necks...

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice! I like the green & gold colors with the white pearloid. Looks cool. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@soundgarden)
Trusted Member

Looks like a really nice squier. I gotta say it was a good purchase for the price it looks like it's in excellent condition, if you do decide to it shouldn't be too hard to replace the pick guard, you can buy strat pick guards for not much on ebay

Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self esteem. Kurt Cobain
Have you seen the roses? There's a whole lot of colours. Syd Barret

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Neil Geraldo played them on tour as I understand it - back in the 80s. At least that's what the lead singer of the band I was roadying for came rushing in to say. They opened for Pat Benatar in one of the Hawaii shows back then. It's just one of those little things that stick in the mind. :)

ReplyQuote