Clear all

Acoustic Duo

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@blutic1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

When you can't get your bass player and drummer to come to practice and you can't find another guitar player, what's left: form an acoustic duo.
Better pay, less people to deal with. Perfect!

Now the only thing keeping us from fame and fortune is a proper name. Suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also, can anyone tell me some great modern rock songs that they have heard done acoustically, that normally are electric distortion laden, but surprisingly sound terriffic?

Thanks.

P.S. I'll remember you when I'm famous. 8)

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Billy Idol stuff is really cool done acoustically. VH1 storytellers has some good versions of his stuffs. Mony Mony, Rebel Yell and so on.

I like acoustic Pearl Jam, Tragically Hip that kind of stuff.

Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits is good too, though not really a distorted song to begin with.

Check out Storytellers, MTV Unplugged, and look for other acoustic shows of bands and artists you like, thats what I usually do.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

My acoustic duo is the Double D Experience (Our last names both start with D). A good start on naming is to lay down things about you, where your from, the music your going to play, and just brainstorm.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@brian-f)
Estimable Member

A GN member, I think it was Klim? posted Plush by STP in the Easy Songs forum. He included a link to a website that he got the tab from. The website is:

http://scenicnewengland.net/guitar/index.html

This is a great song, and the tab is really very good. I've been working on this one lately, and it sounds great on acoustic. The tab is for the recording from MTV unplugged. You can download from iTunes, MusicMatch, etc.

I play it on my 12 string and it sounds great, especially the intro. I think Weiland (sp?) tunes down a whole step on the recording.

-B

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Also, can anyone tell me some great modern rock songs that they have heard done acoustically, that normally are electric distortion laden, but surprisingly sound terriffic?

Maybe not especially modern, but I have heard an acoustic guitar/tuba duo do killer versions of "Paint It Black", and "Purple Haze".

Yes really, a tuba.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote