Clear all

Acoustic Stings

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@allergy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ok, a friend of mine asked me to get her some Stings for her Acoustic.
I mainly just play Electric, Ive never had an Acoustic myself, so I've never went looking at Strings for them. And Im real bad at changing my own strings as well, so Im not to good at picking my own, always forget what I had last time. :)

Anyway, I dont really need anything Fancy, Just something that sounds nice and wont break to easy. Thats her biggest fear is that they will just break.
Plus a nice Gauge too, Nothing to Rough for her, but maybe not to Light.
-thanks

(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

I use Martin SP's, Light gauge on my acoustic. The lights are .012 - .054. They sound great and are quality strings.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I use the Alchemy line from Dean Markley. They range from $10-12 but they're worth it. They last for ages, have a beautiful shine, stay nice and bright, and I've never had a break.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/101062/

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

I can also recommend the Martin SP's, very good quality for the cost.

For a bit more cash, try Elixir coated strings, last a LONG time!

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Rotosound Country Gold - accept no substitute.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I recommend the Elixirs also. I use Polyweb 12s and they feel good, sound good and do last a long time. In my opinion they are worth the extra cost.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

I find the elixirs a big greasy to the touch, but they do last a long time. I use D'addario phospher bronze 12s they are good strings, have been using them for years and never had any break on me. I take it she is after metal strings and not nylon?

ReplyQuote