10 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

http://rapidshare.de/files/2535919/ampdemo.wmv.html

i get nervous on camera

playing isnt very good.

would it be better for me to get a 2x12 cab for this amp?

or should i sell it all together?

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

(@catcha)
Trusted Member

Hard to tell if the combination of the guitars pick ups and maybe a faulty reverb may be causing the bad sound you should be able to get a better clean sound at least.
I missed what make the guitar was , is it a genuine fender or a copy , cheap pickups feedback at volume
(Only used 1 x Carvin amp in the past and sounded ok but decided against the purchase , a Carvin 100 watter is not the best amp to be using in that little room IMHO get a smaller practice amp at least while you are still learning )

I once had an amp with a faulty reverb that dragged all the tone out and caused a really bad sound and also induced the feedback you are getting with my good Ibanez RG pick ups even when reverb was on its lowest setting bypassed the reverb and all was much better sound
Try playing without so much reverb , certainly on your 2nd chunk of music the rock sound is lost in my opinion in that reverb level.
There is a tendancy to overuse reverb when first begining on the guitar and it swamps a lot of the charachter you have or will later get from your fingers , use less reverb and get used to the little nuances your own finger style can produce in my opinion you will get a much better sound .
Maybe do a shorter video , there really was not the need to do so long demos , much better to show us where all the dials are sitting on your amp with each setting and then play just a short demo might be easier to help then .
Carvins are usually good amps so not really a bad choice but the sound does needs tweaking somewhat

Dont give a shite about punctuation or spelling , I have to do that all day at work.
Free times for rocking !!

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

I agree on the reverb thing. A lot of reverb will definitely increase the percieved volume and highten sensitivity to feeding back. I wouldn't put the reverb past 9 o'clock. It might be worth your while to get a power brake as is so often recommended on this site, just so you can get some of that tube crunch at a lower volume. Regarding the volume in general, that's what you get with 100 watts of tube power and 4 12" cones. Quiet simply is not an option. I'm pretty sure you have a genuine Fender there if I remember correctly. Try playing in the second and fourth pickup positions and you will likely get less noise and gain some nice tone on top of that.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Does it feedback all the time, not just when you have reverb on?

How much did that cost you? Thats a pretty powerful rig.

Are you in a band that gigs? If so or might be in the future, your probably not doing anything bigger than clubs, for which a 100 watt head driving a 4x12 cab is way too loud to crank to really get a real good sound out if it. Not to mention hauling that around is a serious pain in the butt, especially when your not putting it to good use.

My advice would be to sell that, and get a 30-40 watt 1x12 tube combo, such as a Peavey Classic 30 or a Fender Hotrod Deluxe. These you can crank up a good bit, sound wonderful (especially with new tubes), and are very easy to haul around.

If you were to ever play a large outdoor event, theyd probably have a PA, so you could mic you amp.

With 30-40 watts, I don't think you'd ever have to be worried about not being able to be loud enough.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

yea thats what i thought. it was an impulse buy, it was $600 for the entire set.

thing is, hot rod deluxe really gets a bad rep for attempting high gain tones.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It's really quiet simple:
Get a Vox AD60VT and tell your dad to accept the future.

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

It's really quiet simple:
Get a Vox AD60VT and tell your dad to accept the future.

Those look really nice, love the amp demo of the series on vox's site, do they actually sound like that? Unfourtunatley none of the stores around here carry them, so I've never gotten to try one out.

Dunno about HRD's high gain, I've only played one at a store, but I own a C30, and you should definetly consider them. Great tube tone for about $500. I love the gain channel on it, especially after I got the high gain tube option from eurotubes. Great for ac/dc,van halen, and other old hardrock sounds. Great clean tone too, overall a great amp. But if you can find some of Vox's valvetronic series amps around you, definelty give them a try also.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The Hotrod is a great amp, no doubt about it. But one should get the amp that fist their needs best, and if you need a truckload of pedals to get your sound you just started with the wrong amp. The Vox indeed sounds as the trailer does. Will probably make an even better impression if it is turned up and blasting in your face.

for the all-tube fanatics: Vox released a new version of their AC30TB, with effects loop, for around $900. I'll stick to the digital toys but those who've got an image to worry about might find that good news. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

i personally hate modeling amps. they are garbage to me.

the only pedals i really need is maybe a keeley modded DS-1 or keeley modded tube screamer, and a keeley modded vox wah with true bypass.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I have the Vox AD30VT and it's great. The models are really good sounding and it's got a lil attenuator thingy in the back so you can crank the amp and not blow your head off. and with all the knobs full blast it's loud...much too loud for my room. And it sounds great with my acoustic so I can use that for gigging, thus making my acoustic amp somewhat useless. Don't knock the modelers...if they help you get your tone, who cares what kind of amp it is.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Right. Don't be a gear snob Rich. You never know till you try one. A modeling amp that is.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Indeed, don't judge gear by its title or brand.

Fender hot rod deluxe or Deville gets great over drive sounds. You want amazing distortion too? Buy a pedal for like 60 bucks or so. Thats all you'll need.

*Remembers recomending this to you several months ago* ;)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

i gota a modeling amp everyone who's heard has been well impressed.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

What it all boi8ls down to is everyone has a sound they are looking for. Me I like that warm tube sound vs the digital and yes I have both. Marshall 12DFX and Hot Rod Deluxe. The Marshall collects dust in my house, but like the others have noted the HR is loud and I use a volume pot on the preamp to keep the level down. Working on getting an attunator next.

John M

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

im just looking for a creamy smooth overdrive sound, and great cleans.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2