Clear all

Amp or Me?: Clicking sound when doing Bends

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@macespn)
Topic starter  

Hey,
I'm new to this whole thing. I'm 15, and me and the guys just recently began playing free bird. I preformed it live once before and I toootally botched some of the solo's main licks. One of them being the opening lick of the solo, with the very first bends. I use not too much distortion when I play (Crunch with 5's all around) but even if i make the bend perfect, about a second after making the bend, i get this clicking, almost tremolo feedback like sound. It's driving me nuts because everything but that sounds fine.
My guess is that there's no way around this and I'm going to just have to deal with it :roll: but I'm hoping there's something I can do. Anything at all would help. Here's my set up, if it helps:

Fender Stratocaster HSS
Flextone II XL (2x50)
Tone: Line 6 Crunch with 5 drive, bass, mid, treble, reverb, and 0 on bypass*

that's the other thing, is there an effect that can prevent this? I've got loads of 'em

Thanks

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i've never heard of that. does it only happen if you bend a certain string/at a certain fret? can you post a sound clip?

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I wonder if you are getting the sound - right after lifting your finger off of the string, & it is vibrating against the fret. From what you are describing, it sounds like that to me.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

First thing I'd do is to take all the effects out of the equation.

No reverb, nothing.

Then see if the problem is still occurring.

If it is, it's something that you're doing. If not, it's in the effects.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote