Clear all

AMPS???????

19 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@youngrawker)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I need some help looking for a really descent amp, my cost would be between $100 - $200.....I cant go over $200 though :( . So any suggestions????

(@Anonymous)

more information is needed...

1. Amp for electric or acoustic guitar
2. Do you want effects on theamp
3. About how many watts are you looking for
4. What kind of music do you play
5. New or Used?

Now after asking all this...For the money you have if you want new you won't get much more than a 30 watt amp (which IS very loud). Behringer does make a nice 60 watt amp (GMX210) and they go new for about $199. For $50 more Behringer makes the V-Ampire LX112 with a TON of effects. I have the GMX210 and Nils has the LX112 and we both love them.

If you go used you will have more options...

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

how bout a neat little low-wattage tube amp? check out the Epiphone ones, they have the Valve Junior, the Valve Special and the Galaxie 5-watt. i think all are below $200. i've heard decent things about them. and, you can always fiddle later by changing the tubes or the speaker.

i understand the behringers are good for the $$$. check out ebay, you might find some used solid-state (no tubes, all digital) amps.

good luck with the amp hunt.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

This is somewhat pointless. There are so many options, any suggestions would be totally useless until youngrawker finds the time to actually tell us what he is looking for.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

it's not totally pointless...we can at least give him or her a basis of things to try out at the store. it's nice to hear what other people would do with their own money in the same position just for kicks and giggles. if i had $200 for an amp, i would most likely get one of the epiphone tube amps.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

my suggestion would be go to a guitar store and check out the different amps. Find one you think you may like and then try and see if you can find one on e-bay. Sometimes you can get a good deal on there. Or you can see if your local guitar shop offers a layaway plan. most do. Like mine says 20% down and the rest is to be paid off in 60 days. What i did was put down as much as i could and each week i got paid i went in and paid some on it and got it out before the time lapsed. you could see about that.

But you can get a good practice amp to use at home. look for something no higher than 30 watt. 15 is even good. You should be able to find one for under 200. ask your local guitar store about used amps. sometimes you can get one they take in on trade and get more amp for less bucks than you would if you bought the same amp brand new.

Good luck!

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

If your just playing at home and want an amp that does everything you could do alot worse than a Line 6 Spider 30 watt.Four Channels,plenty of effects and sounds great.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

I think the spider sounds overly processed myself. I've heard good things about the behreigner's and if you don't need too much volume an epiphone tube amp sounds like a solid choice.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I really dig my Marshall MG15DFX. For a practice amp, it's not bad at all. It took me a little while to learn how to use the built-in effects (properly), but once I did it's not bad. Picked it up for $160 new so it's not a bad deal either.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@piano-man)
Eminent Member

Actually the Vox 15 watt is a decent amp with a lot of effects, and it is a little over $200. at a guitar center.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I really dig my Marshall MG15DFX. For a practice amp, it's not bad at all. It took me a little while to learn how to use the built-in effects (properly), but once I did it's not bad. Picked it up for $160 new so it's not a bad deal either.

Jason

I would say get the marshall mg cd 15 without the effects...and get an effects processor like Digitech Rp 50 or zoom 505 II.That would give you a horde of effects and a great marshall tone.

Rock On 8)

ReplyQuote
(@youngrawker)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

This is somewhat pointless. There are so many options, any suggestions would be totally useless until youngrawker finds the time to actually tell us what he is looking for.

yeah, sorry about that.....well heres the other stuff I forgot to say:

1. I'm looking for anything around 30 watts, anything under 15 I dont want.....
2. I would love some awsome Effects in it, or I could take some suggestions on pedals to
3. Preferably New instead of Used
4. I play stuff like blink 182, Yellowcard, New Found Glory, Greenday, Nirvana
5. Just really for home use

......I hope thats enough info...... :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@aroundtheclaxon)
Estimable Member

i said keep the current amp and get a v-amp 2 or a pod ull happy with it for ur application

Head Arcitech at Vandelay Instudries

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I think 30 W would be too much for 'home' ...

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

VOX AD15VT used to be $189, but might have dropped; AD30VT was around $239, but I remember some posts about it being available for $189. I have one, I think it's great. You can adjust the neutral power amp output level down for home use, but crank it to full if you need to. I usually leave it at about 1/3rd, and I can then crank the gain/volume/master volume levels.

Has a bunch of nice models, ranging from pristine clean to metal.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2