Notifications
Clear all

any suggestions?

21 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@wishus)
Trusted Member

THe other thing is that everyone out there seems to play Marshall JCM's, Mesa rectifier's etc,. I dont' need anything that big and was also wondering what a good (gig quality) amp that's not overdoing it.

I've got a Mesa 1x12 combo that is plenty. Sometimes it is even too much. They don't make the model I have anymore (DC-3) but they still make several small combos with a range of sounds. A lot more variety than the Rectifiers.

Third Take a blog about home recording

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

ummm, I believe you are talking outta where the sun don't shine, sir :D

No company CEO would ever shut down a factory because the quality was too good for too little money.

OMG, when you said that, all Walmart stockholders just felt a disturbance in the force.

Bernie Ebbers, (Mr. Move that 0 over here son) almost fell out of his $10,000 cowboy boots.

Oops... you got me. :oops: Didnt they at least step down production or something? I know I read somewhere that they did something because it was almost rivaling the US made ones. Besides, they were producing alot of strats in the 80s in Japan, but i mainly see MIA and MIM models unless its used. BTW, are Jaguars made in japan? I was looking at this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/511014/ and i noticed it had jaguar pups.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Dangit! Why dont quotes ever work with me?

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@shift)
Estimable Member

Of course try out some pedals, see if that give you what your after.

I don't know, If you looking for pro quality hi gain tones, you just have to bite the bullet and buy a high gain tube amp. Aren't really any substitutes to that.

Go try out peavey 5150's ,triple xxx, marshall dsl, tsl, mesa boogie recifer series, and see which one fits you.

ReplyQuote
(@antny)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I was hoping not to go that big for an amp. I have seen some shows where a mic and an amp were plenty. I guess I am more concerned with tone than volume for the moment.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

well all i can say is go down to your local shop and test some out. i could recommend i i new what tones you were looking for. if your looking for more of a rock sound go with the marshall JCM DSL 401. it costs $900 but its not to big... i haul mine around by hand. if you wanted a more bluesy sound go with that same amp or if you wanted maybe a fender. but i love my JCM DSL 401. me and my friend both got one. thers also a marshall amp thats like $400 and it sounds great also i cant remember the name of it. another company that makes great amps is carvin. http://www.carvin.com THEY MAKE GREAT GREAT GUITARS ALSO!
so there you go... i hope i helped you out. another thing you could do is buy some stomp boxes, http://www.bossus.com check those out.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2