Clear all

any takamine jasmine owners

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

are there any jasmine owners out there... are u satistfied what type of tone is produced do you recommend them

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

tho i do not own a Jasmine, i have tried many of them and found most to be sturdy, well built guitars with a pleasent tone.
some were even better sounding than what i expected.

i own 2 Taks, a 6 and a 12 string of the A/E variety and i am quite smitten with them.
you should try as many of them as possible because the entry level guitars like Jasmins can vary quite a bit.

how much $ do you have to spend, and what style of music do you expect to play? fingerpicking, strumming, slide?
you see certain body types lend themselves to certain styles a bit more than others. not to say that you have to use a certain type for each style tho.
check out the "i'm looking for a..." forum

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@fibaz)
Eminent Member

I own a Jasmine Takamine. I've owned it for almost 4 years now. She sounds better than the day I got her. She isn't my "best" guitar but she is my favorite acoustic. Hope that helps.

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

well i don' thave alot to spend.. see i play acoustic rarely but the one i got is old and about had it. its a Kona chepo but it did the job when i needed a beat around guitar to pick up and play.. now that i'm into recording i still want a beat around guitar to play but i want one that has decent tone lilke my friends sigma he found at a pawn shop. it even has basically the willie nelson hole in it and sounds so good. i saw some jasmine's on ebay and liked the look but they were low priced so i was skeptical... i don' twant to spend over 150.00 i know that will be hard but like i said i don't play it tha tmuch...

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

check this out, good reviews, free shipping, and 45 days to try it out.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mitchell-MD100S-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518972

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

THere are also Takamine Gseries that are sold at affordable prices.

I got mine for 200$ and still very satisfied with it.

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member

I have a black Jasmine and I LOOOOOVE it. It was extremely affordable and I love the sound it make. I play it unplugged mostly and I think it sounds great playing blues and rock and roll. I love it so much I spent a hundred bucks for a hard case so I know my Jasmine is well protected. :lol:

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

I had a 12 string Jasmine. Not the best, not the worst, but a good bang for the buck.

ReplyQuote