Clear all

anyone try one of these?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i cant seem to find reviews on this wireless system and was wondering if i can get your thoughts on it and wireless http://www.daddys.com/used/?itemnumber=AKG01207

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I have a friend who uses a very old Nady wireless that he likes and uses for live gigs. I was also interested in this particular wireless and asked him about it, he is very knowledgeable about wireless guitar systems. He said he had tried it but didn't like it because it changed his guitar tone. But this is all I know. I would go down and try one if possible and see for yourself.

Edit- Just one more thing to add, my friend told me that it is very important to get a "true diversity" unit. I believe most of these have two antennas (sp??). He said these are far more reliable and will not cut out. While Nady is very cheap compared to other brands, the older models were very popular (still are) with guitarists. The newer models do not seem to get as great reviews as the older models. My friend's Nady is about 10 years old or older and still works perfectly, he uses it at gigs and walks out into the crowd (I have seen this several times). No cutouts at all and sounds great to me. But he said make sure to get a true diversity unit.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

my friend told me that it is very important to get a "true diversity" unit. I believe most of these have two antennas (sp??).

That's the best sign of a diversity receiver.

Actually, there are two receivers in there (one for each antenna), and the signals are mixed (or switched) to make use of the one which is receiving the best signal.

The better units allow the antennas to be separated further apart.
That way something that is interfering with the signal to one antenna is less likely to be affecting the other (perhaps an obstruction between the transmitter and one of the receivers).

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote