Clear all

Arcipeligos I dont know how to spell

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@idiot85204)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Can someone hook me up with a link to some crazy arcipeligos and stuff to that i can play to increase my speed. Sorry i cant spell it but i think u know what im talking about if you sound it out.
Thanks a lot.

(@sozay)
Estimable Member

archipeligos would probably find lots of stuff on small islands...

try searching 'arpeggio' and you should find plenty of stuff
like ths
http://guitar-masters.com/Arps/GAP.html

not that i looked to far into it but it was the first thing that came up. searchthe articles here to there is bound to be something on the topic

currently number 60 in total posts... and shooting for number 1!!

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

You wanna learn arpeggios? Buy Michael Angelo's 'Speed Kills' DVD - its full of em and its worth ever penny and more.

http://www.metalmethod.com/lead-guitar-lesson-speed-kills.htm

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

here's some URL's with Arpeggio lessons.............

http://www.supersonic.net/guitar/lessons/lesson-19.htm
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/the_basics/arpeggios.html
http://www.guitarstuff.com/lessons/lessons.html
http://www.cyberfret.com/arpeggios/basic/major/index.php

ought to get you started!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Also, if you think arpeggios alone are going to increase your speed, you're right on target with your handle.

Arpeggios are fun to do for learning how to make melodies from skipping strings - but I'd recommend that you get a metronome (if you think the $50-60 ones are a bit much, get the Korg Metro-Gnome, it's an earbud and only costs about $20), set it to a low number like 52-60, and do stuff like arpeggios and scales within beats. Start with one note a beat, then two notes in each beat, three, and four. In the words of Yoda, "Control! Control! You must learn Control!"

Keep in mind your fingers are muscles, and you get the most out of exercising your muscles with slow repetitions that stretch them properly, and working up intervals.

Hope that makes more sense than looking for something that sounds like "Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do" and coming up with "Seas or broad exspanses of water peppered with small islands". :P

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Also, if you think arpeggios alone are going to increase your speed, you're right on target with your handle.

I'm sorry, but I have to totally disagree. Learning the art of arpeggios WILL eventually increase his speed, as well as his ability to learn notes as opposed to chords, which leads to improving his lead playing capabilities. IMHO.
Arpeggios are fun to do for learning how to make melodies from skipping strings - but I'd recommend that you get a metronome (if you think the $50-60 ones are a bit much, get the Korg Metro-Gnome, it's an earbud and only costs about $20), set it to a low number like 52-60, and do stuff like arpeggios and scales within beats. Start with one note a beat, then two notes in each beat, three, and four. In the words of Yoda, "Control! Control! You must learn Control!"

I have to partially agree and partially disagree with the above.....The part I agree with: Arpeggios ARE fun to do for learning how to make melodies from skipping strings. And, I agree with your Yoda quote "You must learn control". However, I don't think that using a metronome while learning arpeggios is absolutely necessary. I own one...(a Korg, but not the earbud, the one I have can either give you a tone or a needle to watch without any sound.....also only about $20)....I only use it if a piece of music is giving me problems. I also believe from more than 35 years of music lessons, that a metronome can become a crutch. Use one sparingly and only when necessary. Again, IMHO.

Keep in mind your fingers are muscles, and you get the most out of exercising your muscles with slow repetitions that stretch them properly, and working up intervals.

Agreed. And arpeggios are a wonderful way to build and maintain those muscles. IMHO, again.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Merriam Webster defines an Archipelago as

1 : an expanse of water with many scattered islands
2 : a group of islands

There are many popular archipelagos but here are two examples

Im such a smart ass.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I can relate to what Elecktrablue said about metronomes. My former bass player has been practicing with a drum machine for over 30 years. He had amazing timing, but he was stuck on that thing. We had to always have it on, even for little informal jams, and if we made a mistake he had to stop it and start it over. He couldn't just come back into the beat, he had to have a measure or two of introduction.

I liked that site sozay found. There is lots of cool Jazz stuff there. I'm in the mood to study Jazz again! :wink:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote