Clear all

Are Ergonomic Guitars the Answer?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@fever-and-hum)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Inspired by a number of topics related to the need for ergonomics in our lives...
ie. http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37891
I am surprised, and very saddened (on a site as comprehensive as GN) that a topic of such importance has not been accorded Sticky Status by the powers that be. It's a topic that unfortunately is not going away any time soon... (come on, Team)

What does everyone think of the Burrell guitar:
http://burrellguitars.com/store/WsPages.asp?ID=6

Observations
I can understand that the parabolic shape of the guitar body is definitely ergonomic and would be far more comfortable than resting your elbow on the bout of the guitar, and placing strain on the shoulder by reaching over the guitar.

All things being equal, I cannot understand how they can string a guitar on a twisted neck, and not have intonation or action problems. I understand that the strings on this twisted neck do not share the same plane so there must be individual height adjustments at the saddle or nut etc. but this assumes no changes to the guitar caused by environmental conditions.

( Also, what is lacking from their site is sound bytes of how these guitars actually sound.)

I can buy a slim profile acoustic Martin or Larrivee for as much money, which would (almost) achieve the same end: ergonomic comfort.

You Tube has some videos of similar ergonomic guitars, which you can search if interested. It would be excellent if ergonomic guitars were more widely available so we could all try them out before shelling out over a grand!

We also have to remind ourselves that it would be excellent if we didn't sit in front of computers all day, (then, all night reading guitar forums). Sitting all the time in discomfort...

Fever........................................(random thoughts).........................................................>and Hum