Clear all

Art submission to Studios:

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sigil)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I was hoping to attract the attention of those who might run these studios or are privy to them. I want to send portfolios to Studios that record bands so that I might be used as a resource for cover art, canvas banners, etc.

Not sure where to start, what would they like to see, 2 CD samples, 4, 8?
Complete inside and outside/back and CD disc design? Poster designs?

Any help would be appreciated, as I use my art career to financially power my musical interests. I currently work as a Pro freelance SF/F illustrator, but mostly game and book companies. So when it comes to Recording Studio art submissions I am certainly in the dark.

Also contacting bands individually would be Waaaaaaay to daunting.

Thanks for you help, any help.

Shane

Sigil is in creation mode

(@keith-moore)

Yeah, an old post, but since no one responded...

Try contacting the studios, see if they have a bulletin board or table where you can leave business cards. Don't forget musician rehearsal spaces. You could also contact CD duplicators like Discmakers, Oasis and the like, though I think many of these have their own in-house graphic artists.

That what you meant?

http://www.keith-moore.net
Jam tracks, stories and
giant, killer teddy bears.

ReplyQuote
(@sigil)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hehheh, at first I thought I have a ghost post from "Kieth Moon"

Thanks for the reply, yes thats exactly what I was looking for. I know many have in-house graphics, but then I look at thier samples and go "eeeewwww". Good suggestions. I'm such a net head, I forgot all about business cards in recording rooms. Great idea, even if they are'nt local I can still send maybe "mini CDs" and ask them ahead of time by email if I can send them and they will display them. Then there is always referal fee I can offer for about 10%, thats a good hook. Sorry just thinking out loud!

Thanks again, I got my all my sample CDs done, now I can put them on the website with purpose!

Sigil is in creation mode

ReplyQuote