Clear all

Axe-mas Came!!!!

22 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Congrats on the new Axe!
The 2nd best part was that they came down in price enough to match my gift, so I didn't spend any money. $150 out the door. That's hard to believe! The Guitar Center in my area won't budge on anything. :(

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Congrats, Roy.

I hope you like it!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i dont usually have a problem getting them to budge on price. at first they look at me weird then they check my account and see all the crap I've bought and I usually get a least tiny bit of a deal. tiny. but better than nothing.

good steal on the tele. I'm getting one in the next few weeks. Have my eye on the Fender standard series with the hot pickups...or a natural ash. can't tell yet I have to go play them. enjoy it!

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Congrats on the new Axe!
The 2nd best part was that they came down in price enough to match my gift, so I didn't spend any money. $150 out the door. That's hard to believe! The Guitar Center in my area won't budge on anything. :(

The GM of the one down here said they were bought out and that the new policy was not to barter. He stated that a lot of the stores were loosing too much money and so they said no more and just dropped the prices across the board in stead of bartering.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

interesting. how long ago was this? i guess that would fit...it's been a while since I tried to barter with them.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

I think it was 5 or 6 months ago

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Our GC has a Sam Ash across the street from it. For some reason, I've had a few occasions where one of them was dealing and one wasn't. I never knew which one until I went, though.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2