Clear all

B-Day Cash Ideas

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey Guys. I am Having My B-day In middle May and I have been thinking about future items. (Basically Gassing over everything)
Anyways, I have two major hobbies. Guitar, And Nitro Powered R/C Cars.
I am getting about 700 Bucks for my b-day. I dont know how much I need for each hobby but I figured I'd Start with guitar first.

In the range of about 350-400 dollars, I need to work on deciding what I should get.
I definatly Need a recorder. I want to be able to record myself playing metal, and in metal i mean distortioned out so I need a recorder that can record with the crunch stuff. Possibly a Computer Program, or an actual recorder like Boss or Tascam.. (your opinion needed)

So other then the recorder I would like to put two Seymour Duncan SH2 SH4 Jazz Style Pickups for $130 in it. My guitar Teacher said he'd swap in my new pickups for me for 50 bucks. So i need 200 for pick ups.

Ok, So far we have a recorder, two Seymours, and I would like to get two new foot pedals. A new Distortion box that is really high quality, something cool like a new like a flanger or delay to play around with.

Ok, So Im posting this for a couple reasons.
I need To find a very good sounding recorder, two foot pedals that are High quality, possibly fill in something else ( whatever you guys reccomend) and my two seymours for around 350- 400 bucks. Is that possible?? What do you guys think about recorders? Any Ideas for what you would buy for your Guitar if you had 400 bucks?? Thanks for all your replies.
**Respect.**
M-Man :D

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Mods, Please remove post.

36 people have nothing to say.

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@shift)
Estimable Member

Haha, A bit impaitient aren't we?

You never stated the equipment you have now. You running thru a 5150 or a mesa boogie recto? A multi-effect pedal?

Recording software? Lots of people use audacity, it is free. I use Cakewalk, but to each his own. To plug into your computer, any multi effect amp modeller pedal will do that, and provide plenty of high gain models to work with. If want to use your amp, you'll need a mixer, and a mic, like shure sm57 or sm 58. Cheap computer mics, tend to clip the signal even at low volumes, for an amp like a mesa recto or 5150.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I wish I had your problem, dude. $400 to spend, and can't think of what to spend it on.

If I had $400 to spend on guitar stuff, I'd buy meself an amp, and some basic effects. And maybe an accoustic. Or possibly a better electric (as opposed to my 20+ year old $50 pawn shop special).

Like shift said, it's kinda hard to recommend what you should add to your rig if we don't know what your existing setup is.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I have a Behringer GMX 210 Amp, A digitech Death metal Pedal, and A Jackson Warrior Guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

I'd love to help, but I no nothing about recording, some day I will though.... For metal pedals: Have you tried Digitech's Distortion Factory??? I've read good things, but I don't know. Also, if you like fuzz, I read the Big Muff Pi is a good pedal. I have not tried any of these pedals. Again, metal is not my thing either. Ibanez Tube Screamers are supposed to be good too. You can read reviews of these and all other equipment at harmony-central.com as well. Good luck!

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

seeing as you are giving up the guitar....maybe a nice set of golf clubs? :lol:

don't do it by the way, you'll regret it. Just have a break.

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

well....as someone said..since your giving up guitar...go get a HPI Savage, drop in a OS VZB V-Spec, upgrade the entire drive train with titanium (your gonna need it with that V-Spec) and drop in a JR programmable Synth FM radio...that outta suck up that b-day dough :D

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

when did he say he was giving up the guitar??? I was under the impression that he wanted more gear.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

oops, just saw other post.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

when did he say he was giving up the guitar??? I was under the impression that he wanted more gear.

Almost exactly thirteen hours after posting this one...

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

You might think about a better sound card, Mixer, and mic. Do some research and you can put together something to record with for around $400 or so. Thats providing you have a computer. --the dog

Check out this thread fo some ideas
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=19820

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

As for a distortion pedal, get a Marshall Guvnor 2! Its amazing, it gives metal tones, blues tones, and everything! And on top of ev erything it costs around 50$/35£. The do drain the battery like hell. But hey, for the sound you get, it doesnt matter :D :D .

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote