Clear all

BACK I IS!!!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@artistx13)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey Guys, I'm back! Its been almost 9 weeks but hey whose counting. Finished up my Air force Basic military training (which was hard and awesome) get to my tech school in biloxi missispi, supposed to start classes monday when katrina hit, got held up in a shelter no power or showers. Get evacauted to sheppard AFB in Texas (right in the middle of tornado alley Yay) and now I have to wait 4 weeks before they can get my training set up here So I spend all day pulling weeds, making parking lots rockless, and folding clothes, and all this time...IVE MISSED MY FRIGGIN GUITAR!!!! There was a place at Keesler AFB to play guitar but it doesnt exsist anymore and theres nothing here at sheppard so I have to wait two more weeks for it to be sent to me and so I can reach the proper phase of training so I can have it out in my room. well thats whats been going on hope to get my guitar real so and hammerin out songs again. great to be back ive missed this place.

Peace,
Micheal

"I named my son Marshall, yeah I named him after the amp. Of course that wasnt my first choice, I was gonna name him Peavy but my wife didnt like it."- Ron "Tater Salad" White

(@scott_r)
Trusted Member

Well, I don't know you...and vice versa....but welcome back. I did my Air Force tech school in Biloxi too.....but that's been about 20 years ago (wow, typing that makes me feel REALLY old!) I understand the base got pretty well wiped out. Consider yourself fortunate to have made it out in one piece.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Same here. Dont know ya.. But I feel your pain all around. I think given similar circumstances, the one thing that would make me happy and content would be to have my guitar in my hands.

Good luck with everything.

GEoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Me too, not too sure who you are

But you should consider yourself lucky to make it tthrough Katrina then get sent to a safe shelter.

Also, on your Air Force training, I'm not sure if they're flying fighter planes in Iraq but, is there any chance of you being sent there?

ReplyQuote