Clear all

backing tracks with vocals

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@patrick)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm looking to learn some rock/ hard rock songs mostly from the late 70s & 80s ...especially I Need To Know by Tom Petty. I need the song minus guitar(s), but with vocals. I have Hal Leonard Rock Anthology Guitar Play-Along Volume 81 (tab book & CD) which has good sound quality but no vocals on any of the songs. guitarbackingtrack.com does have vocals but the sound quality doesn't seem good. I'd prefer a book & CD format, though downloadable would work. Do any karaoke CDs or downloads allow you to customize by removing only the guitars but keep everything else including the vocals?
Thanks...Patrick

(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Is it just for practice - or to record? If you need to practice without vocals something like tuxguitar/guitar pro would allow you to have the melody playing if its a guide you are needing. On the other hand if you have a track with no vocals heres a crazy thing, record the vocals onto it in Cubase - if you can't sing at all find someone who can. You probably haven't had an answer because we don't know why you are wanting the tracks - so the solution isn't easy to give.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@doganonymous)

would backing tracks on youtube with lyrics work? you can 'hear' the words while playing..idk

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

That's not going to be easy to find unless you somehow add your own vocals to a baking track. I've never found to many just minus the guitar.

I just use a CD and play along you should be able to tell if you are playing it correctly or not.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@patrick)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi - the reason for my question is because I would like to record the song (I Need To Know) with original vocals once I learn it completely. Basically, having the recording sound as close as possible to the original...but the lead guitarist being moi :) . Although I don't need the vocals while learning, so for now my Hal Leonard play-along CD is fine.

I discovered a fortuitous thing: the backing track for this song on guitarbackingtrack.com has Tom Petty's vocals loud relative to the other instruments. So I could use that track as the vocal track in my final recording, and the Hal Leonard CD (with higher sound quality) for the instruments. And adjust the levels between the two so that the balance between vocals and summed instuments is about right). And then the third track will be my playing lead guitar over top.

Oh - thanks for the suggestion of using my own singing. I thought of that, but if you ever heard me sing, you would know why that isn't a good idea :-) .

ReplyQuote