18 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

OH MAN! I've been hit hard! with G.A.S.

I ordered this as a self christmas present. Fender

Except I got the RH model with a maple fretboard. Same color. Bad thing is it won't be in until late February or early March. :(

So, I ordered this tonight as compensation. Oscar-Schmidt

It was too cheap to pass up. Especially, since I want to try out a semi anyway. I think I'm going to slap some gold cover overwound Golden age humbuckers in it from Stew-Mac and see what happens. :shock:

I think I need professional help..... Now about that Hot Rod Deville........ :shock:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Wow, I feel your pain since I just recently went through that same G.A.S. attack and now you just gave it to me again. :lol:

I have been wanting a semi for awhile myself (had one many years ago) but did not want to do anything until I settled in on the solids and acoustics. Now I am good with them for awhile so time to look.

I am real interested in hearing about the Oscar-Schmidt.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I usually do not get GAS attacks. But I have been on one lately. Real bad.
I want a Les Paul. I used to own one many years ago. I had to sell it to pay some bills. And I've been wanting one every since. Anybody got $3000 bucks they could give me? I'll never pay you back. :D I like this color:

Dream Guitar

But I want to buy another Telecaster too.

Dream #2

I'll take the red, white, or black one. Or all 3!

Congratulations on the new gear. As for me, I still have to dream. :cry:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I got a bad attack of GAS recently and bought this. I love this thing!
:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Damn! Wes! I love the color on that LP!

Nice score Ricochet. THat looks good. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Thanks, TF! I especially love the setup with P-90s.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I figured you went for that one. :D How's the slide playing coming?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Having fun with it!

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I am real interested in hearing about the Oscar-Schmidt.

Oh SH!!TE I still have GAS. :o)

I got me one of them Oscars. Its a surprisingly good instrument for the $149 spent. OUTSTANDING Actually. I got a Black one. I've had it a few months now and I play it at least once if not twice a week. Its not my "Main" guitar.

The binding work is decent, even the "F" Holes (??) have Binding in them. I gave it to my Guitar Tech and he milled the Frets "bus-tops" ((??)) and Set it up really sweet for me with 10's on it and did what ever $100 bucks worth of his time would give me. He almost didn't want to give it back to me, he liked it that much, and said he'd recommend it to others interested in the Semi-H realm. You can't go wrong for only $149.

Tone wise. It has the classic Semi tone. But I have to be careful, cuz sometimes it makes a 'fart' sound if I'm too close to my amp. My tech warned me of that and said different P/Ups may fix it ((??)).

Anyhoo as I said, I enjoy mine alot and I'm not sorry that I made the purchase.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

Them's some nice gee-tars, everyone!

Recent GAS attack here too, just in time for the holidays...

My new Yamaha

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Nice!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Ricochet, nice guitar at a good price. I've never heard of Agile guitars. Korea? China?

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Well change my address, I officially moved into the realm of stupid.

I saw this guitar

http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/images16000-16999/ngb16375-martin00016srgt/index.html

for only $750. (Buffalo Bros is selling it for $1800) So I bought it.

I didn't need it. I have a Collings OM1A. But it was just so lonely looking, and such a good deal. This guitar is absolutely pristine, except for a couple of scratches on the pickguard. It still had all of the Elderly Instruments tags on the case, and all the paperwork.

If anyone is looking for a new guitar, you should check out http://www.craigslist.org They probably have a page for you local community.

Okay, well I'm off to get my head examined.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Still saving up money for a proper electric/digital piano. And a nice sounding one is atleast as expensive as a Fender Deluxe strat. :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Ricochet, nice guitar at a good price. I've never heard of Agile guitars. Korea? China?Made in Korea. It's a house brand of Rondo Music. Some online have said they're the same as Tokais, and indeed on Tokai's site the "Love Rock" series (which are Korean made) seem very similar in appearance and specifications. They both have a similar variety of Gibson-inspired designs with some in unusual configurations like triple P-90 LPs. Tokai being a Japanese company, I imagine it's more accurate to say that both Tokai and Rondo contract with the same Korean manufacturer to build their guitars. (There are more Korean guitar makers than just Samick.) Incidentally, on Tokai's site there's a 335 clone just like the Agile AS-820 used to be before they changed its shape slightly to appease Gibson's lawyers, also available with P-90s, and the specs say their P-90s are made by Gotoh in Japan.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2