Clear all

Badd11

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@nwoodgirl)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Is a Badd11 the same thing as a B11? I got a new songbook and a few of the chords are incredibly difficult to fret. Usually when I can't manage a chord as listed in the chord block I look up an alternate on the chord find computer site. Thanks.

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

no, a b add 11 is a b chord with an added 4th(same as 11th), while a b11 is a b chord with an added 7th, 9th(2nd), and 11th(4th). on a b11, unless you're playing the piano, you'll probably leave out some of the notes.

anyway, a badd11 would be 24452 and a b11 is x21222.

ReplyQuote
(@nwoodgirl)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Jason! :)

ReplyQuote
(@progressions)
Reputable Member

Wasn't Badd11 an 11-person boy band in the 90s?

:)

Jeff

Isaac Priestley: World Racketeering Squad
http://www.progressions.org/
http://www.youtube.com/worldracketeer

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member

Badd11 is a B chord with the 11th scale degree added (the fourth of the scale but an octave up).

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Is a Badd11 the same thing as a B11? I got a new songbook and a few of the chords are incredibly difficult to fret. Usually when I can't manage a chord as listed in the chord block I look up an alternate on the chord find computer site. Thanks.

Nwoodgirl, that Badd11 is just a barre chord. You can do Barre's right? just fret the 2 on yur index from 1st string to 5th and hold your regular fingers on the barre like middle, ring then pinky, at 445 so you would get a 24452.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'm Badd11 to the bone.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote