Notifications
Clear all

Band Dynamic Question

28 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@progressions)
Reputable Member

I feel the same way about a band having a strong leader, but obviously you've got to work as a team as well. In the best cases the leader will lead smoothly so it doesn't feel like a dictatorship.

Isaac Priestley: World Racketeering Squad
http://www.progressions.org/
http://www.youtube.com/worldracketeer

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hue/Ric,

I would assume you are commenting on #6. I didn't even re-read these before I posted them sorry. I didn't even remember that was in there, there was no intent to degrade anyone.

This was titled Buddyhead's Rules of Rock and it was posted on a website somewhere, obviously written by teenagers.

There are some that aren't so funny but as a whole I still find them comical.

And if anyone takes them seriously they need to lighten up!

In retrospect I don't really see that as disrespectful to women it's not about women per se, it's the same as johnson and I don't see that as being disrespectful to men, it's just another word to describe something.

Actually someone posted the link here a couple years ago that's how I got it.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Number 6 is it. (This denigration of ska has got to stop!)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, ska's fun stuff!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

It's also difficult to play well. Many guitarists have to work at getting the rhythm together consistently.

But it is a lot of fun to play! :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Does "Reggae Cowboy Theory" work as a band name? Maybe for a Punk band?

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Oh, and knowing Chris(CNEV) and having jammed with him, #30 about the backward caps, dude. Ya used to, do ya now? HAHAHAHAHA. Just hoping these folks are keepin' it cool like I know ya. Rock and Roll. Three words.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Keep 'em comin'!!! Best laughs of the day for me so far :lol:

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Oh, and knowing Chris(CNEV) and having jammed with him, #30 about the backward caps, dude. Ya used to, do ya now? HAHAHAHAHA. Just hoping these folks are keepin' it cool like I know ya. Rock and Roll. Three words.

busted!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

since the original post was about harmonicas, and i have an answer, i'm gonna answer.

have the harmonica player play simple little repetitive riffs instead of scatting all over the place. that way he actually becomes part of the rhythm section, and he's not painting all over the sonic space.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

You just gotta be up front with the guy and tell him he overplays. That is the mark of any amateur. The best players of any instument leave you begging for more, not begging you to stop. :roll:

And that is in fact what is happening here. He is playing so much that it is annoying.

Show him the old video "More Cowbell"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKHBWAIfxDo

One of the funniest videos ever, I never get tired of watching it. I love when the drummer can't keep a straight face. :D

But what makes the video so hilarious is because the cowbell is way over the top. Let your harp player see this.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Wes, loved that video! I loved it when J. Fallon turned away laughing. :D

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

97Reb,

Yes I still do. I posted that was the one rule I didn't like since I've been wearing my hat backwards since the 70's at least.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2