Clear all

Band name needed!!!!!

60 Posts
51 Users
0 Likes
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

How about "Chixie D i c k s" or "Stench of Hippie"

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Here's another "ChupaCabra" loosely translated "Goat Sucker"

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@manitou)
Estimable Member

Check this out, heres how you make an origional name. COme up with about 20 or 30 names. Good. Those are the ones that everyone else came up with too. Throw them away. then start again.

SHUT UP ABOUT IRON MAIDEN SOLOS AND GO PRACTICE!
-Manitou

ReplyQuote
(@saber)
Reputable Member

Check this out, heres how you make an origional name. COme up with about 20 or 30 names. Good. Those are the ones that everyone else came up with too. Throw them away. then start again.

That sounds familiar, did Chuck Palanuik write that?

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

Since it's a Metal band how about Scrap Iron?

or "Pig Iron"? :wink:

better yet: "Smelter"

Ghost Rider 8)

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

On a lighter note I always thought it would be a good idea to name a covers band “Free Beer” at least then people would show up to the gigs.

TONIGHT – FREE BEER!

I mixed for a band called "Free Drinks" for a couple of months.
They played mainly D-list bars, and picked the name to "dare" bars to put the name on their sign.

That was over 10 years ago, and I think they broke up/drifted apart/reformed-with-new-people-and-a-new-name several times since then, so I'd guess the name is up for grabs. At least outside of Brandon, Manitoba

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Great band names are outside the box.

One of the best local band names I've ever seen comes from NE Ohio. Just about any weekend you can drive by some club and see on the sign:

15 60 75

And everyone in the area knows that "The Numbers Band" is playing there tonight.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@cjmac)

I don't know why but i'm stuck on "donkey funeral".
I'm seeing this whole shrek thing and still laughing.

I wish everyone could be rich and famous for a day so they could see its not the answer.--Jim Carrey

ReplyQuote
(@manitou)
Estimable Member

I dont know who wrote it, but its an adaptation of a graphic design mantra we used in school, "Make a bunch of drawings, throw them away and start over"

SHUT UP ABOUT IRON MAIDEN SOLOS AND GO PRACTICE!
-Manitou

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member

I like Hillbilly Blitzkrieg actually.

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@jcjxxl)
Trusted Member

I have the name for your band...........

GUITAR NOISE ;)

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Rockblox or hot shocklit

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

so we win a prize if you use our name?

maybe unlimited passes to your show one day?

ReplyQuote
(@artistx13)
Estimable Member

my friend's bands are called stone martyr and the horror 57s. for an original name try taking your typical Death, doom, dying, dead, sick, morbid and then translate it to russian, or german, or some differnt language. acryonyms work good to.... HIM (his infernal majesty), AFI (a fire inside), POD and so on and so on

"I named my son Marshall, yeah I named him after the amp. Of course that wasnt my first choice, I was gonna name him Peavy but my wife didnt like it."- Ron "Tater Salad" White

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

My advice: Just pick something, anything. Heck, throw a dart at a newspaper. Any attempts to be unique, refreshing and 'different' might be better aimed towards actually writing unique, refreshing and different music. But that's just my take.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4