Clear all

Bennie and the Jets

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

This is another one of my requests, thanks for putting up with all of them. Anyways, does anyone know where I can find a reasonable tablature or chords for a guitar part to Elton John's Benny and the Jets?

Doesn't have to be the exact part on the recording, especially since that'd be really boring to play for solo guitarist. Any help would be appreciated. I figuare someone must have a way of playing it that's easy to communicate, it's one of those songs.

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

the chords to this song are: G major 7, F major 7, aminor7, D7, eminor, eminor7, d diminished 7, Cmajor, csus2.

Don't be scared. It's an easy song to play.

I'll try to write this out for you so it's easy:

The introduction is Gmajor 7 and Fmajor 7. The G chord is 3rd fret 6th string and second fret first string. The F chord is fourth string third fret, third string second fret and second string first fret, open first string. the fifth and sth string and muted.

Just strum to the song to get the rthymn of the introduction.

Then its: Hey Kids. a minor 7 (fourth string second fret and second string

Shake it loose together - D7 (third string second fret, second string first fret, first string second fret).

The spotlights hitting something that's been- G ( you probably know G)

Known to cchange the weather we'll - D dminished 7 (third string first fret, first string first fret).

kill the fatted - a7 (fourth string second fret, second string first fret)

Calf tonight so stick - D7 (as above)

around you're - eminor and e minor 7 (eminor you probably know, eminor 7 fifth string second fret)

gonna hear electric - a minor 7 (as above)

music, solid walls of - b minor (third string fourth fret, second string third fret, fist string second fret)

sound - C and Csus 2 (you probably know Csus 2 add second string third fret to a C chord)

Say Candy and ronnie Have you seen them yet - G major 7 (as above)

Oh but they're so spaced out - Fmajor 7 - as above

Bennie and the Jets - C

Oh But they're weird and they're wonderful - G major 7

oh Bennie shes really keen she's got - F major 7

electric boots a - C

mohair suit you know i - D

read it in a magazine - e and e7
oh - C

BBBBennie and the - Csus 2

Jets Gmajor 7 and F major 7 as in the introduction

if you want to e-mail me your address i can send you a zerox of a sheet that i have with this song written out so it's easy to play.

ReplyQuote