Notifications
Clear all

Best Guitar under 200.

25 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@elijahbaley)

yoyo286

I know that Squier Strats have improved recently so if you buy a new one, you will probably be happy with it.

Just play til your fingers bleed, then stop when it hits bone...

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

I've been looking at the OE30 and OE40's and wondering if they are worth the money compared to one of the Artcore models.

How do they stack up?

I've got an OE30, and have played an OE40. They blow away the artcores. The OE30 that I have feels very similar to an Epiphone Dot. Mine has replaced pickups, but with the original ones, it was also comprable to the Dot.

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

Not sure if this has been said before, but if you like squiers and want a little humbucker sound you can buy a fat strat, one humbucker and the regular other 2 pickups. Affinity model of this is what I play and I'm very satisfied with it, although I really am not good with finding sound I play around and it all sounds pretty good.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I purchased an OE-30 also.

It seemed like too good a deal to pass on. Of course i might add that i only live a short drive from Musicians friend in Kansas City so i could check out everything and take home a "keeper" on the first attempt.

The only problem i have had is with the installation of the electronics, lots of things were loose and needed to be tightened. Other than that it came with a remarkable set-up and new strings turned it into an animal that i play very frequently.

i put some smooth stainless jazz strings on it on a lark and it has a great personality all its own.

btw it fits snug into an epi dot case (much cheaper than the Washburn case they try to sell you)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Nah, I'm going with S/S/S, and if i need a bucker sound, I might buy a JB junior for the bridge.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@nick0512)
Eminent Member

I think it'd be better to just wait until you save up 170 dollars more and get a Fender Standard Strat for $370. What do you guys think?

I wanna be an elite guitarist. :)

ReplyQuote
(@elijahbaley)

8)

Just play til your fingers bleed, then stop when it hits bone...

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Eh.... dont have a job, and jobs are scarce around here for 14 year olds :? . I'm gonna milk all my parents are worth when it comes birthday time...... :twisted:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Check out Jay Tursers at EBay then goto Harmony Central and check their reviews.

Jay Tursers and other Strat clones @ E Bay

J-T 300 reviews @ Harmony Central

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

I purchased an OE-30 also.

It seemed like too good a deal to pass on. Of course i might add that i only live a short drive from Musicians friend in Kansas City so i could check out everything and take home a "keeper" on the first attempt.

The only problem i have had is with the installation of the electronics, lots of things were loose and needed to be tightened. Other than that it came with a remarkable set-up and new strings turned it into an animal that i play very frequently.

btw it fits snug into an epi dot case (much cheaper than the Washburn case they try to sell you)

1. I envy where you live...
2. You should try changing the pickups on one of these guitars!!!
3. I've got an epi dot case too!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2