Clear all

Best value metronome

13 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@nathan1709)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I am looking to buy a metronome as a way opf improving my timekeeping but i find myself constantly amazed by the astronomical prices they cost! Can anyone recommend me a good value metronome?

P.S Before anyone suggests an online metronome, please bear in me that i don't have internet access at home (poor deprived me!)

"This is a public service announcement.....with guitars"

(@alangreen)

I have a Casio, which Cost me about GBP 18 two years ago. Otherwise, the Yamaha QT-1 with the volume control and the flashing light is a little more expensive but excellent quality.

Don't buy a wind-up version. They start to slow down right when you don't want t-h-e-m t--o.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I have a korg that was about $25 US. Look for one that will subdivide beats.

ReplyQuote
(@lederhoden)
Trusted Member

There are several cheap electronic metronomes on the market, getting more expensive as you get more options.

Try googling "electronic metronome"

ReplyQuote
(@elpelotero)
Estimable Member

i bought a qwik time metronome recently (tho i must admit im guilty of not practicing with it yet). but its very simple. beeps and flahes. battery powered. goes up to 250bpm. $15

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I have the Yamaha myself.
I paid $39 for it but its worth every penny.
The main feature for me is the volume as compared to others.
I practice often in noisy situations and wanted something I could actually hear.

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

I have a Korg M-30 that was about $25 IIRC. Its a fine little metronome

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@oldiron)
Estimable Member

I have a Sabine M9000 Tuner/Metronome/Tone generator 30$. Tunes my guitar and banjo, helps with ear training, keeps time & fits in the gadget box in the case.

I may be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride. (Jerry Garcea)

ReplyQuote
(@nathan1709)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Something else i have considered is buying a second hand drum machine from a pawn shop. Any thoughts?

"This is a public service announcement.....with guitars"

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Why not - it'll turn up for rehearsals, won't get drunk when you're playing, and will keep rhythm for you for as long as you want whilst you work out that 45 minute version of Dazed and Confused. Try doing that with a real drummer.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@geetar66)
Estimable Member

Gotta Fender Metronome/tuner combo for about $30...has served me very well over the past year

Meet me tonight in Atlantic City

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

I have a Willner MT-50..it was cheap, but it works for me. I say just get a cheap one.

-Dustin

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

ReplyQuote