Clear all

Best way to use a backing track?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm just starting a band, well two singers and me, the problem is i often work alot of synth guitar into my work (strings, maybe some bass etc) and alot of time it's providing a harmony or melody along with whatever the guitar is doing. I was wondering what the best way to create a backing track is and how best to use one on stage. Should i have a countdown before each song? or what?

Sorry for the poor grammar, i've only just woken up from a heavy night.

This signature is a forgery.

(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

I think most bands who use that sort of stuff run laptops to the PA.

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Use a MIDI floorboard hooked up to your midi synth so you can start and stop sequences with your foot and adjust the tempo of the sequences when things go unlike planned. Easy and more reliable and human-error-proof then running entire backing tracks from a laptop.

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

whats a midi synth? Is that something for a computer? Whenever I hear midi I think computer, I'm not to familiar with that stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

MIDI is a language that allows music devices to communicate. With a MIDI floorboard (example, Behringer FCB1010) you can 'talk' to whatever gear you have that 'understands' MIDI. With MIDI-synth I mean a synth, either on the computer or just a module that can be controlled using MIDI, which is basically every synth. Or in other words, you'll be using your feet to control the synth using a language called MIDI. Sounds more complicated then it is, as usual.

ReplyQuote